LCP 2 owners step in

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Greg

LCP 2 owners step in

Post by Greg »

So I recently bought an LCP 2, in order to have something that I can always have on me.

The included pocket holster isn't terrible. I now have ammo, and additional magazines are in transit. I have snap caps and have practiced operation - hey now you can even insert a mag without having to hold down the mag release while you're doing it. It feels decent in my hand and points fine. I haven't had it to the range yet, but I hope to soon.

But there's one thing that I need to adjust to. Is anyone else a little weirded out that this thing is a hammer-fired single-action with no manual safety? Because it is.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Re: LCP 2 owners step in

Post by Greg »

My new magazines showed up in the mail this afternoon. Got them from Brownell's. Amusing that they're sold one for 30, 2 for 35.

They look identical except the one that came with the gun is marked Made in USA (Checkmate?) and the new ones are marked Made in Italy (Mec-Gar I presume).

Now I need to find the time and energy for a range trip.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I have had P97DC for 15 years or so. Same idea. You get used to it. Of course it is my bedside piece, not a carry piece.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Is the trigger at least heavy?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D