NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
MiddleAgedKen

Re: Happy Birthday Johnnyreb (50)

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Many happy returns of the day!
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Happy birthday
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

very best wishes! happy Birthday!
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

Thanks. I was halfway through work on the day when it dawned on me, hey its the 2nd.

Didn't do anything special on the day, but a pretty good day anyhow. I already knew the Post Office I work at is rated the best in the state a couple of different ways, but on my birthday some higher ups dropped by to give us a bunch of doughnuts and a couple of us got handed certificates for bringing in new business. We got 2 businesses to drop the other guys this year and may soon make it three. For one of them, that means us gaining a good thousand dollars a day in package postage, which at the same time is saving them over a thousand a day by dropping the other guy. They were paying Fedex over 10 bucks a box more than we charge. So now we have all their business and our truck even picks it all up at their place so we don't even have to take it in over the counter.

We also have a hardware store here that has gone into the internet in a big way, such that they make more money that way than off of walk-in business. And when they do their internet postage, our office gets credited for that as revenue because the guy who started the internet sales made sure it would be that way, which was very nice of him.

Needless to say, in a county of 12 thousand, that's a big increase in revenue. In fact, they told us so far this year more than half the new revenue in the state was us. We were told that even though a certain nearby town has close to 3 times the people in the town than we have in the whole county, we are now generating more revenue than their Post Office does.

4 clerks and a Postmaster who spends half his time having to do stuff somewhere else. We rock.

And they even brought us doughnuts from the best place, not from Wal-mart.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Oops! Late happy birthday!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D