Raspberry Pi compliant mail server program

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Rich Jordan

Raspberry Pi compliant mail server program

Post by Rich Jordan »

I'm considering bringing my email back in house; currently I have Gmail that is only used for capturing puppy-camera images (motion detected); no text, so the only intel google gets is when we leave, get home, and when the dog gets up or gets walked. But I have multiple accounts on other personally owned domains used for a lot of reasons and I think I'd just as soon get them off ISP and other company servers.

I have a Raspberry Pi 2 currently not in use. Has anyone used currently available and supported SMTP email servers on a Linux (hopefully immediately Pi-compatible) and maybe have recommendations?

Thanks.
Cobar

Re: Raspberry Pi compliant mail server program

Post by Cobar »

Mot my area of expertise, but i have heard most isp's block port 25 nowadays. might be worth checking with yours.
Rich Jordan

Re: Raspberry Pi compliant mail server program

Post by Rich Jordan »

Yes, now, but we can pay for a static address option that also unblocks the ports. I could also look at one of the offsite spam filtering services (but carefully else the same privacy issues as the ISPs now) which can use an alternate port for delivery. Finding the right service would be a separate project.

I used to use Communigate Pro on a VMS Alpha system for my home mail server but that was a 250 watt constant power usage, and the company dropped VMS support so I'm leary of using them on a newer low usage platform.