Anderson stripped AR lowers

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Langenator

Re: Anderson stripped AR lowers

Post by Langenator »

Well, there are no mil-spec triggers on the market, because mil-spec triggers are full auto or 3-round burst.

I will report that the LaRue MBT trigger fits quite happily in the Aero.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Y’all do know that Anderson is a manufacture. They make lowers for other companies.
I have used Anderson lowers on more then 20 builds with no problems. I think I have about 8 stripped Anderson lowers in my box.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Dosent Andeson offer 100 lower bulk packs?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

As I am both kind of cheap about such things, and only intending this rifle as a plinker / practice rifle for my son, I decided to go ahead and get the Anderson. And WTF, bought two extra as well. My other son is roughly 2 years out from graduation as a Mech E. and it would make a cool Graduation gift for him too.

... and a third one for when I get around to building a 6.5 or 6.8 rifle eventually and/or a hedge against black rifle inflation.

After the rifle for my son. My next project is actually getting a weaver rail welded to my G3. I have the rail, but do not trust my poor welding skills on a $1k rifle; need to find a gunsmith I can trust for that one.

More immediately, I need to pick a good but not too expensive mid length kit or upper with a flat top and some good folding iron sights.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Vonz90 wrote:.

More immediately, I need to pick a good but not too expensive mid length kit or upper with a flat top and some good folding iron sights.
https://www.specopmfg.com/ Check out these guys. Great quality .. decent prices.