The USMC and Junior Termite: It continues...

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
blackeagle603

Re: The USMC and Junior Termite: It begins......

Post by blackeagle603 »

Well done Pops.
No sleep for him till Friday. LOL

Godspeed Jr T. Make 'em a hand.

My wife looks harmless but she raised a Marine.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Outstanding! Congratulations and Semper Fi.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Termite

Re: The USMC and Junior Termite: It begins......(update)

Post by Termite »

Junior is doing well. His class will go thru the Crucible soon. Graduation date is May 25th.

And Grandpaw Termite, who graduated from MCRD Parris Island in 1950, will be there to see his grandson graduate(pending any health problems, he is 86).
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

randy wrote:Cool! Best of luck to the new Jarhead
I second that sentiment along with a hearty SEMPER FI!! How did he do on the rifle range? Are they qualifying with the M4 or M16, and at what range? When I went thru, we had to qualify with the M16A2, and shot for score out to 460 meters (500 yards).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Termite

Post by Termite »

Mike,

Sorry about the tardy reply, been rather busy at work.

I think he took top shooter in his training company, shooting the M16A2 rifle. They just went thru the Crucible, finishing up Sat morning.

Graduation is May 25th.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Termite

Re: The USMC and Junior Termite: It continues...

Post by Termite »

Graduation was May 25th.

JT was one of the three honor graduates in the company: he was company "Iron Man', with a PFT score of 596/600. He maxed the pullups, crunches(situps), and ran a 18:37 three miles. 18:00 flat is max on the run.
He was the #2 shooter in the company......by one point.

Because he was an honor grad, we got reserved seating up front. :D

During the National Anthem, a couple of F/A-18s did a low-level flyby. JT told us that was the first one he had seen since he was there.

Grandpa Termite was like a kid. We had to keep a tight rein on him, or he would just walk off to talk to any of the Marines, particularly DIs. He did enjoy himself......and he was last at Parris Island in 1950.

On Monday June 4th, JT boarded a plane for San Deigo, for S.O.I.(School of Infantry) training. Afterward, he goes to MART(Marine Awaiting Recon Training), while waiting on BRPC. If selected after BRPC(Basic Reconnaissance Primer Course), he then goes to BRC(Basic Reconnaissance Course). Completion of BRC gets him the MOS of 0321, Reconnaissance Man(Recon Marine).
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Congratulations
randy

Post by randy »

UuuRahhh!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Post by Precision »

Sounds like you did something right.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/