The Trump Administration: Day One

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Re: The Trump Administration: Day One

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote:Interesting to come back after a while, and see what held up and what didn't.

The NeverTrump crowd isn't looking good. Seems they were owned (as in, had a hidden master) even worse than we thought possible. How else to explain the, um, antics, of Jeff Flake and Bill Kristol and such?

Outing them has been as big a service as any Trump has performed.
I find this statement to be bizarre. Why would anyone need "hidden masters" to dislike Trump, especially those above who are being entirely consistent with their policy views? (... and no, I do not dislike some of the specific things he is doing, but I could say the same thing of any other Republican President.)

The fact is that we have been truly blessed by the incompetence of the Dem "resistance". Had they decided to reach across the aisle to him (as he has signaled repeatedly that he wants to do) they probably would have gotten 90% of their wish list from him.

Hope I am wrong, but the midterms are looking like they will be a bloodbath for the GOP
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote:
Greg wrote:Interesting to come back after a while, and see what held up and what didn't.

The NeverTrump crowd isn't looking good. Seems they were owned (as in, had a hidden master) even worse than we thought possible. How else to explain the, um, antics, of Jeff Flake and Bill Kristol and such?

I find this statement to be bizarre. Why would anyone need "hidden masters" to dislike Trump, especially those above who are being entirely consistent with their policy views? (... and no, I do not dislike some of the specific things he is doing, but I could say the same thing of any other Republican President.)

The fact is that we have been truly blessed by the incompetence of the Dem "resistance". Had they decided to reach across the aisle to him (as he has signaled repeatedly that he wants to do) they probably would have gotten 90% of their wish list from him.

Hope I am wrong, but the midterms are looking like they will be a bloodbath for the GOP
You apparently have no idea what Jeff Flake has been up to. He's gone full SJW. Other NeverTrumpers have been similar.

When NeverTrumpers go publicly full bore Prog, to the left of Schumer, it doesn't leave me doubting and questioning TRUMP.

It makes me say a quiet prayer of thanks for outing them. Seriously, did you just not know?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Vonz90 wrote:Hope I am wrong, but the midterms are looking like they will be a bloodbath for the GOP
Could go that way, but the Dem Cong generic ballot advantage has fallen off the table. However, I'm not sure that translates into good news for the Rep Cong Lite. I'd say the cards are in the air right now.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Greg

Post by Greg »

As an aside, what Conservative principles, exactly, are at play here?

https://constitution.com/arizona-senato ... egals/amp/

Unless 'oppose whatever Trump says' has been promoted to the status of 'principle', which I deny. There is a REASON Flake is retiring, and his approval rate isn't below 20% because he's too *Conservative* for his constituents.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:

You apparently have no idea what Jeff Flake has been up to. He's gone full SJW. Other NeverTrumpers have been similar.

When NeverTrumpers go publicly full bore Prog, to the left of Schumer, it doesn't leave me doubting and questioning TRUMP.

It makes me say a quiet prayer of thanks for outing them. Seriously, did you just not know?
Not a Flake fan and I am aware of where he is on I'll- frankly glade he is clearing out. He has been a pretty consistent obnoxiously open boarder libertarian at least as long as I have been following him.

I think you have to divide the Never Trump factions based on where they are coming from. There are certainly some who came from the left - but there were a lot of them (me include) who are coming from the position that he is not conservative or really pro anything but himself and in the long run he is likely to do more harm to the cause jam good. Again- I hope that it works out but I this give minutes I think the Dems are glad that Trump is POTUS rather than a new effective executive (granted they would rather have Hillary, but she was going to lose to just about anyone.)
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

If you're going to post with your phone at least turn the damned auto-correct off. :lol:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote:
Greg wrote:
Vonz90 wrote: I find this statement to be bizarre. Why would anyone need "hidden masters" to dislike Trump, especially those above who are being entirely consistent with their policy views? (... and no, I do not dislike some of the specific things he is doing, but I could say the same thing of any other Republican President.)

Not a Flake fan and I am aware of where he is on I'll- frankly glade he is clearing out. He has been a pretty consistent obnoxiously open boarder libertarian at least as long as I have been following him.

I think you have to divide the Never Trump factions based on where they are coming from. There are certainly some who came from the left - but there were a lot of them (me include) who are coming from the position that he is not conservative or really pro anything but himself and in the long run he is likely to do more harm to the cause jam good. Again- I hope that it works out but I this give minutes I think the Dems are glad that Trump is POTUS rather than a new effective executive (granted they would rather have Hillary, but she was going to lose to just about anyone.)
The ones who aren't showing pure Left, all they have is class warfare. Their dedication to said class warfare is commendable. For a Marxist. Not an American. Sorry.

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:
Greg wrote: You apparently have no idea what Jeff Flake has been up to. He's gone full SJW. Other NeverTrumpers have been similar.

The ones who aren't showing pure Left, all they have is class warfare. Their dedication to said class warfare is commendable. For a Marxist. Not an American. Sorry.
Stick your fingers in your ear scream if you want (which is what your statement is) but it doesn't make Trump an effective executive or a conservative.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote:
Greg wrote:
Vonz90 wrote: Not a Flake fan and I am aware of where he is on I'll- frankly glade he is clearing out. He has been a pretty consistent obnoxiously open boarder libertarian at least as long as I have been following him.

Stick your fingers in your ear scream if you want (which is what your statement is) but it doesn't make Trump an effective executive or a conservative.
Ummm.....

I don't really care what Trump is. I *care* that he is DELIVERING on promises he made to the conservative base, far more so than anyone had any right to expect.

I *care* that TDS is damaging the Progressive cause and the reputation, stature, and social status of Progressive institutions more than anyone ever has, ever.

You.... Don't. Maybe that's your problem.

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:
Ummm.....

I don't really care what Trump is. I *care* that he is DELIVERING on promises he made to the conservative base, far more so than anyone had any right to expect.

I *care* that TDS is damaging the Progressive cause and the reputation, stature, and social status of Progressive institutions more than anyone ever has, ever.

You.... Don't. Maybe that's your problem.
Dude, we just lost a Senate seat in fracking Alabama, but sure - everything is going swimmingly - I am sure the lefties are feeling really hurt now. If stuff like that doesn't worry you I don't know what would.

If conservatives end up in the wilderness out of this for 10 years (like say post Watergate) then the country is likely permanently fucked. Maybe not realizing that risk is your problem.