Don't Buckle on Immigration

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Windy Wilson

Re: Don't Buckle on Immigration

Post by Windy Wilson »

randy wrote:You get the idea...
Sounds like Interdict.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Windy Wilson wrote:
Windy Wilson wrote:
the related willingness of many Republicans to approve an amnesty with few or no conditions
Buckle is their middle names. :twisted:
The legislator who proposes something should be required to submit it to someone who opposes it to figure out the incentives/loopholes that are left in there that the author did not intend. I.E. how can it be gamed?
This is what good lawyers do, and why they are called deal killers. Most contract lawsuits are in essence hiring two lawyers and an overworked judge to decide what the two parties would have done had they thought about this situation in the beginning.
You assume that they are not doing it on purpose, which in the case of immigration, is very much not the case.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Windy Wilson wrote:
randy wrote:You get the idea...
Sounds like Interdict.
Just like "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur"s Court" and should be implemented.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote:
Rich wrote:Randy, aint gonna happen. The liberal Dems will make it impossible. And the way the American voter lurches from one party to the other, we will always have liberal Dems.
Oh, I know. But a guy can dream.
I used to dream of the day when the American voter comes to his senses and elects me dictator for life. :mrgreen:

How we would deal with th resulting piano wire shortage, i have yet to devise a solution for. ;) :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Rich

Post by Rich »

HTRN wrote:I used to dream of the day when the American voter comes to his senses and elects me dictator for life. :mrgreen:

How we would deal with th resulting piano wire shortage, i have yet to devise a solution for. ;) :mrgreen:
Yeah, but then who would I talk to late at night without you under my bed?
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Rich wrote:
HTRN wrote:I used to dream of the day when the American voter comes to his senses and elects me dictator for life. :mrgreen:

Yeah, but then who would I talk to late at night without you under my bed?
I find the voices usually are pretty polite company. :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

HTRN wrote:I find the voices usually are pretty polite company. :mrgreen:
I know mine have a lot of great ideas.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D