Browning Discontinues Production of the Hi-Power

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
John_in_Longview

Browning Discontinues Production of the Hi-Power

Post by John_in_Longview »

I went looking for a holster for my Hi-Power and saw reference on a Browning forum that the Hi-Power was in danger of being dropped from production. Checking Browning's site confirms that it is currently listed as discontinued.
randy

Re: Browning Discontinues Production of the Hi-Power

Post by randy »

:cry:

link from Browning site

It's been coming for a while. One reason I switched to a Glock for EDC, didn't want a pistol I couldn't replace ending up rusting away in an evidence locker if something unfortunate should happen. At $1-1.5K for a new one off the shelf (IF you could find one in stock) it's been hard to come up with the scratch to buy any the last few years.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Dammit!

I'd been hoping to pick up one of these, when I finally get ahead of Minion-related projects.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Sad. Like the Colt Python in a way, not that they can't make it any longer (like the Colt) but it's also expensive and has a small market now.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
BDK

Post by BDK »

It’s almost like they didn’t want to try. They could have looked at what CZ and Tangfolio did with the idea, to create some of the most popular competition guns on the planet, and instead they refused to tweak it they way the 1911 was tweaked
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

I guess they're not going to make it to the 100th anniversary like the 1911 did. And they were only 17 years away too.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Well, aside from the fact that the hammer-bite sucks for those of us with gorilla paws ...

FWIW, I'm trying to sell mine.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Jered

Post by Jered »

I have an FN P-35 that was used by the Jews. Hopefully, someone shot some pore'n'starvin wogs with it.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Rather sad, as I'm a big fan of the Browning. I've got both an Inglis Browning...and a full-house Cylinder & Slide-tuned piece. The latter is absolutely great. The problem is, the Browning doesn't have as good a trigger as a 1911, nor the low price of a Glock.

On the other hand, there are a lot of BHPs out there. And clones.