The Gun Safe thread

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Windy Wilson

Re: The Gun Safe thread

Post by Windy Wilson »

What's the matter with Co2? It's the same stuff the miscreants exhale, those wastes of oxygen, food and space.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Windy Wilson wrote:What's the matter with Co2? It's the same stuff the miscreants exhale, those wastes of oxygen, food and space.
Because if you vent a tank full of it in a small enclosed space, you stand a non zero chance of killing them.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

HTRN wrote:
Windy Wilson wrote:What's the matter with Co2? It's the same stuff the miscreants exhale, those wastes of oxygen, food and space.
Because if you vent a tank full of it in a small enclosed space, you stand a non zero chance of killing them.
GSS
g-man

Post by g-man »

HTRN wrote:
And this is different than a fire suppression system how? Imagine those are perfectly legal... just sayin.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Fire supreession systems are hooked to a temp sensor of some sort, not a motion detector, something that the police will notice. :roll:

If you really want to get creative, use argon(significantly heavier than air) with a push button lock set on the basement side. The argon won't disperse, and as its odorless, i t will have already taken effect. still horribly illegal and begging for a manslaughter charge though.

Personally,one of those pepperspray dispensers with a motion detector and a remote hidden disable sounds like a better idea from a liability standpoint.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote:Fire supreession systems are hooked to a temp sensor of some sort, not a motion detector, something that the police will notice. :roll:

If you really want to get creative, use argon(significantly heavier than air) with a push button lock set on the basement side. The argon won't disperse, and as its odorless, i t will have already taken effect. still horribly illegal and begging for a manslaughter charge though.

Personally,one of those pepperspray dispensers with a motion detector and a remote hidden disable sounds like a better idea from a liability standpoint.

One COULD point out that the police will only notice if they're contacted....

"We found an unidentified corpse in an abandoned building in New Brighton, cause of death appears to be suffocation".
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

MarkD wrote:
HTRN wrote:Fire supreession systems are hooked to a temp sensor of some sort, not a motion detector, something that the police will notice. :roll:

One COULD point out that the police will only notice if they're contacted....

"We found an unidentified corpse in an abandoned building in New Brighton, cause of death appears to be suffocation".
Gunnuts wrote:
HTRN wrote:
GSS
Gas Shovel Shutup ;)
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

I've been happy with my Fort Knox. Got it in the late 80's for less than $2K and I think it weighs about 900 lbs. It holds what I need in the way of guns and papers. Ammo is stored in a double wall flammables cabinet I got for free so I can't argue that point.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Ok, Co2 is right out, then, as is probably Halon, too.
Nitrogen, then. :P
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Nitrous oxide. They'll just stay there giggling until you or the police dispose of them.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D