1911 + CMP = ?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Rich

1911 + CMP = ?

Post by Rich »

Seems like the Army/DOD is going to release a bunch of 1911's to new ownership soon. The somewhat incoherent story was on Fox news and I read it on my tablet so I don't have a link. The CMP is supposedly involved in a lottery type scheme that means a hopeful recipient would apply, have their application graded by several criteria, and then be granted permission to buy a used 1911. Several different manufacturers of 1911's are represented, so they aren't all Colts. No firm dates yet.

All in all, I feel the good ones will be cherry-picked before the public ever sees them.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Rich Jordan

Re: 1911 + CMP = ?

Post by Rich Jordan »

Rich

Post by Rich »

Oops! Thanks.

Mods, please delete this thread as a duplicate.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
randy

Post by randy »

I'm locking it, but prefer not to delete threads as a matter of course.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".