Xmas 2017 Loot

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
g-man

Re: Xmas 2017 Loot

Post by g-man »

Three hours in a quiet house with my coffee and some gingerbread cookies before the kids got up.

Got a new (to me) slip-on muffler for the big bike, so it'll shed about 15# once the pipe finally gets here (no USPS Christmas Miracle...)

Also got enough cash and Mastercard gift-card monies from family that my wife asked "If we can stay with friends, do you think this would cover going to Hawaii for your 40th? (coming in Feb)" I was floored. NB: We can get there nearly for free, since nearby Travis AFB is the west-coast AMC hub and has a couple hops a week to Pearl Harbor / Hickam. Costs will basically be the rental car and dog kenneling, since flights are at most $9 each (surcharge on the Freedom Express), food is a wash, and she's subsequently worked out lodging. Still totally floored.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
evan price

Post by evan price »

A box of 22s, a surround sound system and a Sparrows Revolver.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I forgot to mention. I gave my son a lower and a rifle kit. We built it today. I confessed that he could have built it by himself, but part of the gift was selfish - building it together meant I got to have him over and have a small project together. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Biggest gift: my whole family was together on Christmas Day. I got a great new set of kitchen knives for home, a smaller (good) set for the forward operating base, a BB-8 ornament, and a Barnes & Noble gift card that I turned into Monster Hunter: Legion and Monster Hunter: Nemesis (Nook editions). Life is good.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Steamforger wrote:Got some Amazon gift cards. Family came over for lunch and my lesbian aunt gives everyone a pair of scissors.

Scissors.

I had to excuse myself for a bit. You can't make this shit up
Is that so they can cut off all their boobs?? Asking people to cut off other people's body parts is a recipe for combat. They want people to do some snipping, they first need to start looking in the mirror!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Aimpoint Carbine Optic. Dad picked it up when we visited Bass Pro Shops back in September. Got some Lee reloading dies for .380 & 9mm, but I'll need to order factory crimp dies and turrets for both of them.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
AndytheAxe

Post by AndytheAxe »

My girlfriend found the whiskey glasses Deckard had in Blade Runner :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Bought a house on three acres, then spent close to as much on a sleep number bed. (Ouch)

Had 4 of the five kids home and all 2.5 grand kids, went to church, hung out with my parents some. Not going to complain.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Vonz90 wrote:Bought a house on three acres, then spent close to as much on a sleep number bed. (Ouch)
So I'm guessing those are now WHITE ACRES, with the snow (not Green Acres - remember the TV show??)??? :D :D :D :D
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

308Mike wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:Bought a house on three acres, then spent close to as much on a sleep number bed. (Ouch)
So I'm guessing those are now WHITE ACRES, with the snow (not Green Acres - remember the TV show??)??? :D :D :D :D
Capture.JPG
This was my front yard more or less last week. Most of the snow is still there but we have not had any additional
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.