Newest Minion and Handguns

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
First Shirt

Re: Newest Minion and Handguns

Post by First Shirt »

Hey, this one will be practical! It's accurate, reliable, and you couldn't break it with a hammer. (Well, maybe if you used a big hammer.)

And even if she just carries it as a backup when hunting, or when hiking out where it gets dark-and-scary, it will serve her well. (But if the little twerp can figure out a way to carry it as her EDC piece, she will! I've got faith in her!)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

First Shirt wrote:The grandpa part was already convinced, just had to convince the skeptical shooter, I suppose.
First Shirt wrote:Hey, this one will be practical! It's accurate, reliable, and you couldn't break it with a hammer. (Well, maybe if you used a big hammer.)
I think we're done here. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Well, now you've done it! You were supposed to talk me down from this ledge, not encourage me to jump off of it!

Got the parts on order, found a beater old-style Vaquero at a local pawn shop (I love my cousin, she always gives me a break on Minion-related projects) and will hopefully have all the parts in the same zip code in time to get them assembled into a simulacrum of a working firearm, and off to be refinished, all before Christmas! There may be a leather cross-draw holster involved, and some scrimshawed grips, as well.

And some time at the lead pot, so I can get a 100 or so (okay, 200, but that's my final offer!) bullets cast, lubed, and loaded.

Damn, Minions are a lot of work!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

First Shirt wrote:Well, now you've done it! You were supposed to talk me down from this ledge, not encourage me to jump off of it!
We're here for you, First Shirt.

And... never ask a question you don't already know the answer to? ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I've told The Minions: The definition of a stupid question is one where you already know the answer.
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
randy

Post by randy »

First Shirt wrote:Well, now you've done it! You were supposed to talk me down from this ledge, not encourage me to jump off of it!
But where's the fun in that? :twisted:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

I would even volunteer to hold your beer.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Rumpshot wrote:I would even volunteer to hold your beer.
I have a host of friends. Yes, indeed, a host of friends!
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

You are raising them well.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Thank you! I think grandchildren are G-d's way of rewarding us for all the crap we went through with our kids, in which case, it was totally worth it!

Got the parts from Midway, now just have to get the beater off layaway, and start putting the whole thing together. (The scariest words in the English language: "Some assembly required.")
Lindy Cooper Wisdom