MarkD

Re: Accurate state mottos?

Post by MarkD »

New Jersey: Don't Worry, You'll Get Used To The Smell

New York: We Suck So Hard We Keep California Attached
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Missouri: No matter how much you sent for your state income tax, it's not enough. Send more. Love, Department of Revenue.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MarkD wrote:New Jersey: Don't Worry, You'll Get Used To The Smell
The air starts to smell "funny" once you get west of hopatcong on 80. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

HTRN wrote:
Nah. It starts to smell like shit when you get into the blue counties. I live in Somerset Cty and grew up in Morris... the air there is still nice. That said, I am being overruled by the non-earners in the blue areas. Looks like anti-gun, raise the taxes Murphy is going to be our next ruler. He has promised to raise taxes on everyone and enact "strict" gun laws. I am saddened by the state our state has fallen into.

I loved growing up here. I initially loved opening a business here 30 years ago (people have an assload of money in Morris, Somerset and Hunterdon Counties). But I'm done. My lady's kids are almost done w. school. I look forward to opening a small place and selling my fucking fantastic ribs, pulled pork and brisket somewhere in freedomland.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

rightisright wrote: I look forward to ... somewhere in freedomland.
Seems to be going around lately. :D
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

rightisright wrote:
HTRN wrote:
Nah. It starts to smell like shit when you get into the blue counties.
The joke <--------

Your head <--------- :roll:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:
Yeah, it starts to smell 'tucky. :lol: Bad joke, it really starts to smell like freedom.

For those at home, the 'Jersey stink' is a product of a combination of swamps and certain operations with chemicals, that are all concentrated just to the west and south of NYC. So unless you go over the GW bridge, anyone from NYC entering Jersey will spend some time passing through, well, some kind of stench.

The swamps... Ever had the pleasure of meeting someone with really stinky feet? Well, imagine the worst stinky feet that have ever made you gag, then add horrific flatulence. You get just that smell around Jersey swamps. The Turnpike just north of Newark airport passes over/through such a swamp..... it's breathtaking.

The acrid burning tire stink is the other part of it. That's man-made. The Turnpike south of Newark airport gets a big dose of that, as well as some more swamp.

Most of the state is green and really quite lovely. Terrible shame what they've made of it.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

HTRN wrote:
rightisright wrote:
HTRN wrote: The air starts to smell "funny" once you get west of hopatcong on 80. :ugeek:
Nah. It starts to smell like shit when you get into the blue counties.
The joke <--------

Your head <--------- :roll:
Hahaha.. You are correct, sir. I read that as "east" of Hopatcong where there are still some nice towns. I blame the Martini.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

FB_IMG_1509832693645.jpg
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

IL - Anything you want... for a price
IL - We're for sale!