I think I may be in love with revolvers

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
rightisright

Re: I think I may be in love with revolvers

Post by rightisright »

Greg wrote: Well, followed very closely by a 4" 617 (10 shot steel cylinder). I like them very much.
Where's the jealous icon? One of those is on my short list.
Greg

Post by Greg »

rightisright wrote:
Greg wrote: Well, followed very closely by a 4" 617 (10 shot steel cylinder). I like them very much.
Where's the jealous icon? One of those is on my short list.
Hah. My collection is still pretty small, glad I can still be up on you somewhere. ;)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
evan price

Post by evan price »

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

My revolvers hold on to my precious brass, and return it nicely to my hand for reuse. I love my semi autos, but they fling brass carelessly around like an animal. This is particularly trying with expensive 10mm brass...

The S&W Victory is just so very sweet to shoot.
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

I find revolvers incredibly difficult to shoot well, especially compared to a normal self-loader like a 1911. And of course, a nice flat auto is much more comfortable to carry and conceal than a lumpy wheel gun.

I can shoot this one fairly well though:

Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Personal preference is all subjective; that's why it's personal. :lol: I grew up shooting revolvers and 1911's and High Standard and Colt .22 semi's. I prefer any handgun that shoots where I point. Grips/grip angle is all important. Babies learn to point at what they want with their index finger, and any combo of grip/handgun that duplicates my index finger in pointing is what I prefer. Smith's with target grips do that, 1911''s do that; SOME Colt revolvers do that, High Standards both slant grip and military grip do that, Ruger .22's both gripstyles do that. Experimentation is the way to find out and also a huge amount of the fun. I think mindset to point shoot is most important (to me). YMMV but what the hell it's all fun!
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

The more I shoot my semi-autos, the more I want to shoot a revolver and the less I shoot a semi-auto. Go figure. Personal preferences are what they are.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I've had 2.

One was a S&W Chief's Special that had been used in the heat of the moment by the previous owner (NOPD). He just wanted to be rid of the 36 for some reason. I got it for $150 and eventually used it as a trade in on something else. It shot well, but it really just wasn't my thing.

The other is in Louisiana still. It's a Taurus knockoff of a S&W Model 15. My Granddad gave it to my Dad when he and my Mom got married. That one is staying in the family. I rarely shoot it, but it does shoot fine.
randy

Post by randy »

I like my S&W Model 19 4". I just can't shoot it as well double action (i.e. defense/combat mode) as my Hi-powers or Glocks. Single action is great. I use it as a house gun and would use it for low threat environment non-CCW hiking, camping, hunting and such due to it's ammo versatility.

My J frame is not fun to shoot. I don't try much over 7 yards with it as I consider my gun I bring to a knife fight. I primarily use it for quick run out of the house or around the yard(usually in a pocket holster) when I don't want to gear up. I also carry it in the winter in an outside pocket of my parka to use as a delaying action until I can get to my primary carry piece.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Yup feel your pain brother I have multiple revolvers a 460 smith , a Smith Governor with a Crimson trace site, a 44 Colt Anaconda, a 44 Tracker a 357 tracker etc etc , love revolvers
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.