Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:
HTRN wrote:It could be a bad actuator or control module, or it could be bad wiring - the former is easily fixed, just apply money, the second can be a nightmare chasing electrical gremlins. :ugeek:
I was wondering, were you saying the quadrasteer doesn't work, or the whole vehicle doesn't work. :)
Doesnt matter, ads been pulled. Meanwhile theres a jackass on long island asking more money, for an older truck with higher mileage.. with the stipulation "no lowballers" :roll: i guess offering kbb book value, around 2/3rds of what hes asking is considered "lowballing". :roll:
Greg wrote:The 36gr hollow points, for approx 8cents/rd.
I've seen winchester 555 and dynapoint offered as cheap as 5 cents a round, but i dont know how good the 555 is, and the new dynapoints have a dubious reputation at best. The same etailer has automatch and a bunch of other federal offerings, many with free shipping, for .06 cents a round.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Denis

Post by Denis »

HTRN wrote:The same etailer has automatch and a bunch of other federal offerings, many with free shipping, for .06 cents a round.
For .06 cents a round, I'll take as much as they have! Alas, I suspect a typo and it's US$0.06
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Denis wrote:
HTRN wrote:The same etailer has automatch and a bunch of other federal offerings, many with free shipping, for .06 cents a round.
For .06 cents a round, I'll take as much as they have! Alas, I suspect a typo and it's US$0.06
Pedantic smart aleck! :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

That's what you get for letting lawyers have Internet access :lol:
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:
Denis wrote:
Pedantic smart aleck! :lol:
But, but, what about the Minimags?

Looking around a little, which I haven't in months, (is gunbot still the place to comparison price shop?) $.08/per for Minimags looks like a *great* price.

It's that stupid 'Choot Em' packaging, 300 rds for something like 25 bucks.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

I've been doing some historical reading, which has led me to various 'fill in the background' research tangents, which have led to some odd internet random walks....

I have a hard time finding any really good radial engines that don't trace their roots back to Wright Aeronautical. Either by getting their start by licensing a Wright design, or by licensing a design from a competitor that got *its* start when Wright's President left and took a bunch of engineers with him.

The Germans, Russians and Japanese all started that way. It's weird.

(Or Roy Fedden. I always tend to forget about British radials.)
Last edited by Greg on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I ran across a great demonstration of radial engines and how they work on YouTube a while back. This is part one, a guy built a very impressive wooden model:

https://youtu.be/qjnQKXNPsk4

Part two should be visible on the right from that page. The guy covers the workings in great detail. Before I watched the vids, I had no idea all (single row) radial engines have odd numbered cylinders.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
evan price

Post by evan price »

Greg wrote:I've been doing some historical reading, which has led me to various 'fill in the background' research tangents, which have led to some odd internet random walks....

I have a hard time finding any really good radial engines that don't trace their roots back to Wright Aeronautical. Either by getting their start by licensing a Wright design, or by licensing a design from a competitor that got *its* start when Wright's President left and took a bunch of engineers with him.

The Germans, Russians and Japanese all started that way. It's weird.

(Or Roy Fedden. I always tend to forget about British radials.)
Check out the Gnome engines.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Greg

Post by Greg »

evan price wrote: Check out the Gnome engines.
That suggestion has helped kill my entire morning. :)

My main area of historical interest is WW2, so I mostly overlooked them.

I knew vaguely that Gnome and Rhone made rotaries in WW1, merged at some point and later made radials.

Seems Gnome was a pioneer in 2 row radials - the earliest efforts failed but later after the merger Gnome-Rhone was among the first (or the first?) to build successful ones.

The Gnome-Rhone radials got their start from licensed Bristol (Roy Fedden again) designs, though in their own right in the early 30s or so they were among the industry leaders. By the time of WW2 they had fallen behind a bit, which is how I overlooked them.

Apparently the occupation ruined them. They were forbidden from working on/developing their own designs, and spent the war building old designs and BMWs under license. Oh and being horribly bombed. Interesting - I didn't know that what was left of the company was nationalized after the war and formed SNECMA.

I did know that SNECMAs famous product the Atar line of jet engines was developed by German engineers - former BMW in fact - recruited and imported for the task. Which kind of fits.

evan price

Post by evan price »

Greg wrote:
Seems Gnome was a pioneer in 2 row radials - the earliest efforts failed but later after the merger Gnome-Rhone was among the first (or the first?) to build successful ones.

The Gnome-Rhone radials got their start from licensed Bristol (Roy Fedden again) designs, though in their own right in the early 30s or so they were among the industry leaders. By the time of WW2 they had fallen behind a bit, which is how I overlooked them..
Gnome the company and Rhone the company competed as makers of rotary engines before they merged in about 1915 iirc. They built their own Delta and Le Rhone rotaries which were one of the most popular rotary engines used in ww1...even the Germans cloned them... but their designs started to fall short after ww1. That's when they licensed Bristol tech.
Gnome realized their Bristol licenses wouldn't keep them afloat so they developed the K-series, N-series and R-series. They were great motors but they didn't have the research capability of the British and Germans and then the Nazi occupation doomed them.
It's a great story of early aviation pioneering.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!