If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Vonz90

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Vonz90 »

Happy Easter
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote:So i just did the plugsinthe beater and I think I found the cause of the check engine light- the old plugs looklike the insideof a weber grill. :shock: :roll:
It's really amazing how bad the plugs can get in a modern computer controlled engine, and have it still run mostly OK.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Greg wrote:I made my own butter for the first time today. We had a container of cream that had just a little left, so I poured it into a jar and started shaking.

Took hardly any time at all before it went to whipped cream, and then on past, separating out into solids and liquid.

I drank the buttermilk. Oh my but that was a treat.

Then I ate part of a baguette with soft sweet freshly made butter. That went well.
Some years ago my wife and I are in an Irish pub in NJ, and afterward I had an Irish Coffee (like you do). The whipped cream had been over-whipped and turned into butter, when I told the waitress she didn't believe me until she tasted it herself, and then she said "My God, that IS butter!" Yeah, I know the difference in taste between whipped cream and butter, even after a handful of Guinesses (Guini?)
Greg

Post by Greg »

MarkD wrote:
Greg wrote:I made my own butter for the first time today. We had a container of cream that had just a little left, so I poured it into a jar and started shaking.

Took hardly any time at all before it went to whipped cream, and then on past, separating out into solids and liquid.

I drank the buttermilk. Oh my but that was a treat.

Then I ate part of a baguette with soft sweet freshly made butter. That went well.
Some years ago my wife and I are in an Irish pub in NJ, and afterward I had an Irish Coffee (like you do). The whipped cream had been over-whipped and turned into butter, when I told the waitress she didn't believe me until she tasted it herself, and then she said "My God, that IS butter!" Yeah, I know the difference in taste between whipped cream and butter, even after a handful of Guinesses (Guini?)
The one and only time I took my wife to Cold Stone Creamery, she ordered strawberry ice cream. They must have had a screw up with the recipe or something, because what she got was more like strawberry flavored butter.

We never went back, and we still joke about the strawberry butter. I guess that's a possible failure mode of super duper excessively high milk fat ultra premium ice cream - it just might come out as butter.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

N/t
IMG_6287.PNG
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Greg

Post by Greg »

Need a torque wrench for the mower blade replacement.

A good one goes for $140!!!!!!!!!

So I bought the $20 Harbor Freight torque wrench of shame. We'll see how it goes.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

You don't need a torque wrench! Tighten it down until just before it breaks, that's good enough. If it breaks, you've over-torqued it.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I typically give it a few hits with air impact and call it good. Remove the same way.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:Need a torque wrench for the mower blade replacement.

A good one goes for $140!!!!!!!!!

So I bought the $20 Harbor Freight torque wrench of shame. We'll see how it goes.
Didn't I just write about my recent experience with a horror fright torque wrench?

Short answer: don't. :|

Go buy a good one on eBay used.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

First Shirt wrote:You don't need a torque wrench! Tighten it down until just before it breaks, that's good enough. If it breaks, you've over-torqued it.
:lol: