When is ENOUGH, enough?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
FelixEstrella

Re: When is ENOUGH, enough?

Post by FelixEstrella »

Damn! Got me beat. Nice though ...

I pretty much stopped at 7 A-15s and 1 AR-10. That's enough for me and my family, and possibly a few close friends I'd want to help out in the case of the SHTF. I'm also covered as far as all the calibres I wish to own in the AR platform; 308, 223, 300 Blackout, 458 SOCOM.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Candyman wrote:I like guns.
"I .... like big butts and I can't lie. "

sorry .... the devil made me do it.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Looks like you have a gap in your collection in the 24" barrel range. Let me know if you have any interest in filling it. The pre-94 ARs I look for come with some pretty interesting uppers.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Here is a pic with my kid's guns added. My youngest is 12 and he's has the green Zombie camo.The daughter's is purple. I have to have the rail painted to finish it off. My oldest son painted his rifle himself.
Here are a few more pics.
The one on the end with the OD Green MOE rifle stock is chambered in .277 Wolverine

I don't have a 300 Blackout, Who needs one when you have a Wolverine. :lol:
I don't think I will be building one with a 24" barrel, just to long for any of my needs.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

As long as the floor joists aren't failing, you don't have too many. If the foundation is settling unevenly, you might want to rethink that, though.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
g-man

Post by g-man »

First Shirt wrote:As long as the floor joists aren't failing, you don't have too many. If the foundation is settling unevenly, you might want to rethink that, though.
If you have this problem due to firearms, you have a bigger issue: This status means you've exceeded your capacity to feed said firearms, since floor joist failure or uneven foundation settling should happen due to ammo long before the weight of the guns themselves become a problem.

Just sayin.

Equation for number of guns which constitute "enough"

Number of Guns = N + 1 where N represents the current number on hand.

Same formula applies for motorcycles.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

g-man wrote: If you have this problem due to firearms, you have a bigger issue: This status means you've exceeded your capacity to feed said firearms, since floor joist failure or uneven foundation settling should happen due to ammo long before the weight of the guns themselves become a problem.
Just sayin.
Equation for number of guns which constitute "enough"
Number of Guns = N + 1 where N represents the current number on hand.
Same formula applies for motorcycles.
I like the way you think, but I'd have to debate the motorcycles part of your thesis. I don't bounce as well as I used to, and I don't heal nearly as fast, so a bike would just be a quick way for The Minions to collect their inheritance early.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

g-man wrote: Same formula applies for motorcycles.
My wife, who insists on parking her car in my garage (i.e. my motorcycle storage space) disputes that theory.
Blogspot
picsig
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Candyman, you need variety. Not just a slew of ARs like everybody else. Say an FAL. An AUG. Or even a proper flintlock rifle...though if you got one of those, you'd lose interest in the suppository guns.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Mike OTDP wrote:Candyman, you need variety. Not just a slew of ARs like everybody else. Say an FAL. An AUG. Or even a proper flintlock rifle...though if you got one of those, you'd lose interest in the suppository guns.
Well, I do have somewhere around 400 guns ,give or take a few, most likely give. They range from black powder to modern day guns, long and short. Now I do have a set of 2A Armament titanium take down pins for an AR10. That should be a good reason to build one,right?
The house is sitting just fine, but I did add 4" of concrete to the floor in my shop. Ammo cans and crates are stacked high filled with the good bang bang stuff. I have over 3000 rounds of 124 gr 9mm FMJ just for my AR9.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.