Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

Just closed on the new place... 3 times the square footage (same for shop space), 3 times the bathrooms.. Now moving weekend from hell begins. :roll:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:Just closed on the new place... 3 times the square footage (same for shop space), 3 times the bathrooms.. Now moving weekend from hell begins. :roll:
Sweet! Well not the moving part, I hate moving. But space, and bathrooms.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat wrote:Just closed on the new place... 3 times the square footage (same for shop space), 3 times the bathrooms.. Now moving weekend from hell begins. :roll:
Congratulations
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Fun fact: a nasal decongestant containing Phenylephrine can help stop nosebleeds, also cotton balls saturated in it work better than toilet paper in many cases as you can get the packing farther in.

Tu e in tomorrow, same bat time, same bat station, and ill explain how to dissolve broken taps using something found in the pickling section of your grocery store. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

HTRN wrote:Fun fact: a nasal decongestant containing Phenylephrine can help stop nosebleeds, also cotton balls saturated in it work better than toilet paper in many cases as you can get the packing farther in.
So does cauterization Chemical process these days. Near instant, long term relief. Beats the hell out of a tampon in the nostril for 3-4 days. Though there is so much relief when one comes out that it is almost worth it for that alone.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Rumpshot wrote:
HTRN wrote:Fun fact: a nasal decongestant containing Phenylephrine can help stop nosebleeds, also cotton balls saturated in it work better than toilet paper in many cases as you can get the packing farther in.
So does cauterization Chemical process these days. Near instant, long term relief. Beats the hell out of a tampon in the nostril for 3-4 days. Though there is so much relief when one comes out that it is almost worth it for that alone.
Had.my nose.chemically cauterized a few years ago after getting a.daily nosebleed for about a month. Don't think I've had one since.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Netpackrat wrote: The 20+ year old shelf system it was hooked to will likely be making the move though, because it works well enough for a garage stereo and I just have to get a cord so I can plug the ipod into it.
I've been impressed with a company called Mediabridge, their stuff seems to be well made and relatively inexpensive for what they are (more reasonable than Monster, anyway) and have been trouble-free for me. Available at Amazon, of course, and most of them are Prime eligible.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote: The 20+ year old shelf system... works well enough for a garage stereo and I just have to get a cord so I can plug the ipod into it.
I've moved away from physically hooking my devices into the stereo systems in the house, as I was always either leaving my phone/tablet in the wrong room when I wanted it. I also had the jack go bad one one phone some time back.

I got a Chromecast Audio unit for my main (and older) stereo system. Works through house WiFi, plugs into an aux jack. I think there are Bluetooth units on the market as well.

Works great with my Android devices, which both have SD Cards large enough to hold my entire MP3 collection, as well streaming radio stations and XM . I think my daughter got it working with her I-Phone without much problem. Not bad for under $40 at Best Buy.

When we re-did the bedroom last year, got a bookshelf unit with built in Bluetooth. I rarely use the RF tuner and almost never the CD/MP3 player.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Rumpshot wrote:So does cauterization Chemical process these days. Near instant, long term relief. Beats the hell out of a tampon in the nostril for 3-4 days. Though there is so much relief when one comes out that it is almost worth it for that alone.
The ER docs wouldn't do cauterization, so it was a plug up the nose, and the ENT wouldn't do it, because if the amount of time that had passed, he couldn't be sure exactly where the bleeding was. :roll:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Don't know whence this thought sprang, but did anyone else have a mom who made home decor (wreaths, trees, etc) from IBM punched cards? My dad was a programmer from the 70's through around the mid 2000's. In the early days, he had a surfeit of those things and he'd bring them home for my brother and me to color on. My mom made stuff with them.
PunchedCardWreath.jpg
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D