Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Vonz90

Re: Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

Post by Vonz90 »

SoupOrMan wrote:That was actually .380. Princip's real problem was that he didn't have the proper tags for Inbred Austrian Archduke.
So why all the hate on old Franz on this thread? The ironic thing about the Serbs killing him was that he was actually an advocate for the Slavs in the Empire and was planning on federalizing the empire so that each area had local governance.

It is entirely possible he would have ended up being a crappy Emperor (like his uncle) - but WW1 was certainly not his fault. (He was also a dove relative to relations with Serbia and Russia.)
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Langenator wrote: Is the trigger stock Springfield? One of the things I want to replace is the Delta's smooth and rounded trigger.
Dammit. Forgot to mention that part. It's a

* Wilson Combat Ultralight Match Trigger 1911 Aluminum Silver
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
randy

Post by randy »

First Shirt wrote: I mean, really, how many 2-inch .38 Spcls does a grandma need?
All of them? :twisted:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Vonz90 wrote:
SoupOrMan wrote:That was actually .380. Princip's real problem was that he didn't have the proper tags for Inbred Austrian Archduke.
So why all the hate on old Franz on this thread? The ironic thing about the Serbs killing him was that he was actually an advocate for the Slavs in the Empire and was planning on federalizing the empire so that each area had local governance.

It is entirely possible he would have ended up being a crappy Emperor (like his uncle) - but WW1 was certainly not his fault. (He was also a dove relative to relations with Serbia and Russia.)
No hate for him, just that royalty wasn't in season. (As for World War I, you can pretty much blame the Serbian government for that.)
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

So beautiful it hurts.
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
ShooterScott

Post by ShooterScott »

Jered wrote:Somehow this ended up in my house...

No jokes about powdering balls. :lol:

Sweet piece man, very jealous!!
Ex Coast Guard, Full time assistant cook, part time blogger
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

ShooterScott wrote:Sweet piece man, very jealous!!
Welcome. Pull up a chair, stay a while. :D
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

ShooterScott wrote:
Sweet piece man, very jealous!!
Glad you like it.

Clint Eastwood made me a fan of 1858s.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Jered wrote:
Clint Eastwood made me a fan of 1858s.
I was under the impression that "The man with no name" used 1851 Navy conversions.
Navy51S.jpg
Blogspot
picsig
Jered

Post by Jered »

FelixEstrella wrote:
I was under the impression that "The man with no name" used 1851 Navy conversions.
In Pale Rider he carried an 1858 cartridge conversion
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.