FBI recommends no charges against Clinton

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
John_in_Longview

FBI recommends no charges against Clinton

Post by John_in_Longview »

FBI director just announced that the FBI recommends no charges be brought against Hilary Clinton for her use of a private email server.
Last edited by John_in_Longview on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustinR

Re: FBI recommends no charges against Clinton

Post by JustinR »

I can't believe that b**** is gonna get away with it. There has got to be a lot of angry people at Langley and elsewhere right now.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

So, there is no longer a rule of law in this country?

Because if I had committed 0.01% of the security violations that she's committed, I would still be locked under Leavenworth, getting fresh air on alternate Thursdays.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

First Shirt wrote:So, there is no longer a rule of law in this country?
People keep saying that. It's been the case for years. The question is, how will we use that fact for good?

ETA: Just for grins, here's a link to the story: FBI: Clinton 'extremely careless' about emails but shouldn't be charged

And another
Last edited by Weetabix on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
g-man

Post by g-man »

Declaration, Facts submitted to a candid world, point the fifteenth?
For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
A bit of a stretch, but it's the best analogy to 'one law for me, another for thee' that this embodies. I'd be there with First Shirt, under the damn prison. FML.
Weetabix wrote:The question is, how will we use that fact for good?
Would it be a stretch for a group of States to apply the above? Notwithstanding the previous exercise at that endeavor, it would appear we have a longer and longer list of these original abuses which are being acted out by our own fed.gov, and a repeat attempt could be justified by some as valid.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

It's also interesting how this comes so closely on the heels of Bill's visit with Loretta Lynch about his grandchildren. :roll:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I hate to say I told you so, but.....
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Petraeus rode the rocket for a whole lot less. Crony capitalism and gangster government are now the norm. :twisted:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

This.
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
randy

Post by randy »

First Shirt wrote:Because if I had committed 0.01% of the security violations that she's committed, I would still be locked under Leavenworth, getting fresh air on alternate Thursdays.
And I'd be in the cell next to you.

I love how the FBI Director focused on "lack of criminal intent" as if that ever had any relevance to security handling.
"Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information," he said.

Comey said seven email chains were classified at the “Top Secret/Special Access Program level” when they were sent and received on Clinton’s server.
That right there disqualifies her from holding any clearance ever again, and, in a sane society operating on the rule of law, would bar her from any office requiring access to classified information. Unfortunately, we ain't in such a society anymore.

Apparently, Comer was being VERY selective in which statutes he referenced, Per Andrew McCarthy over at NRO:
Hillary Clinton checked every box required for a felony violation of Section 793(f) of the federal penal code (Title 18): With lawful access to highly classified information she acted with gross negligence in removing and causing it to be removed it from its proper place of custody, and she transmitted it and caused it to be transmitted to others not authorized to have it, in patent violation of her trust.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".