Army boss takes aim at bureaucracy over sidearms

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
randy

Re: Army boss takes aim at bureaucracy over sidearms

Post by randy »

Supporters of Milley’s plan point out that they could easily get permission to stock up on hollow points instead of the default civilian round.
I think they have this bit a little backward. And displaying ignorance.

I don't know of any civilians, LE or private citizen, using FMJ for serious social purposes outside jurisdictions that ban their citizens from using effective ammo (NJ IIRC?)

And while I know there have been "findings" that allow the use of HPs for police functions and for accuracy under international treaties, I believe the default military bullet profile is still FMJ.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Termite

Post by Termite »

You just gotta love this comment over at HotAir: ;)
"You're so wonderfully naive. How are all those donors make their 10,000% on their donations if you allow uncontested purchases 'just because millions use them successfully every day'? Not even talking about all the former procurement officers that need jobs after retirement at age 45. You're chipping away at the very base of the military-industrial complex....... that's Un-American...."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

The only firearm where I use FMJ is in my .32ACP. I think it might penetrate further than the JHP when hitting center of mass/sternum or other thick bone structures. It's also the only thing available locally should I be in a "need it now" situation.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds