Larry Vickers is an ass...but we knew that.

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: Larry Vickers is an ass...but we knew that.

Post by Combat Controller »

Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

My understanding re: Larry Vickers is that for awhile, he was one of the better guys to go with for firearms-related stuff, at least on Youtube, as someone with the BTDT stamp. However, at some point in recent memory, he "sold out" and so these shenanigans may be the result of putting his name behind too many things like Fireclean.

It seems a fair number of names in the online gun community have become mud over the last two years; of the prominent types I think only Travis Haley has played the game smartly enough to push new products and instruction without sailing off into snake oil territory.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Jericho941 wrote: It seems a fair number of names in the online gun community have become mud over the last two years; of the prominent types I think only Travis Haley has played the game smartly enough to push new products and instruction without sailing off into snake oil territory.
Does that include his hair and skin care products?

Yeah, it's from awhile ago.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Hey, profit off your 15 minutes while you can. Just don't be an ass. Like Larry Vickers.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Netpackrat wrote:I'm not banned from any Jeep forums. Just one of the MG groups, and a survivalist group of fruits and nuts.

Edit to add; if you look at my ID over at WT, it doesn't show banned, and in fact it still shows me as being "a shining beacon of light" due to other members giving out "reputation points" which is kind of stupid, but oh well. Over there they don't usually "ban" a user, they reset his password so he can't log in. And even when they actually ban a user, they have the forum options set to not display them as being banned. The reason for this, is most forums only have a few people banned... WT has literally thousands of people banned, and they don't really want that known. I have that directly from one of Gabe's former site admins/instructors.

And also, I wasn't banned for anything I posted to WT. I posted my comments to another website entirely. They actually monitor other forums and will ban a user for saying bad things about him/them elsewhere.
Sounds like a passive aggressive bitch move to me. Are they all women?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Greg

Post by Greg »

skb12172 wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:I'm not banned from any Jeep forums. Just one of the MG groups, and a survivalist group of fruits and nuts.

Edit to add; if you look at my ID over at WT, it doesn't show banned, and in fact it still shows me as being "a shining beacon of light" due to other members giving out "reputation points" which is kind of stupid, but oh well. Over there they don't usually "ban" a user, they reset his password so he can't log in. And even when they actually ban a user, they have the forum options set to not display them as being banned. The reason for this, is most forums only have a few people banned... WT has literally thousands of people banned, and they don't really want that known. I have that directly from one of Gabe's former site admins/instructors.

And also, I wasn't banned for anything I posted to WT. I posted my comments to another website entirely. They actually monitor other forums and will ban a user for saying bad things about him/them elsewhere.
Sounds like a passive aggressive bitch move to me. Are they all women?
IDK, but I hear they like to talk like warriors.

Kind of like talking like a pirate (aaarghh, matey, walk the plank) except way more awesome. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Funny you should mention talking like a pirate. When I first started reading over there (mostly because GS was all about AKs at the time), the "infidel" theme was their big thing. Then at some point, GS decided he wanted to be a pirate, so all of his groupies followed suit and started picking out pirate and skull avatars. It was really pretty humorous and pathetic all at the same time. Since they were all about skulls and stuff, I made an Achmed the dead terrorist avatar and used that. Must have had the desired effect, because after they "banned" me, somebody actually went to the trouble of taking it down.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Bill Murray once said (of Chevy Chase IIRC) that at a certain level of fame and recognition you become an asshole for a while, and since there are no consequences often it goes on for a bit. But after two years you need to either get better or get stuck that way.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
BDK

Post by BDK »

The pirate theme could be interesting... Or, some threads in the style of Burns...

We had pirate parties in college, complete with sloop...