Online Ammo Sites: who do you like?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.

Who would you buy from for good service/deal?

Aim Surplus
19%
AmmoMan
4%
Ammunition Depot
2%
Ammunition Store
No votes
Ammunition To Go
6%
BulkAmmo
No votes
Graf & Sons
11%
J&G Sales
6%
Palmetto State Armory
4%
Powder Valley
9%
SG Ammo
17%
Wideners
11%
F@ck you for living in Alaska!
11%

Total votes: 47

rightisright

Re: Online Ammo Sites: who do you like?

Post by rightisright »

Greg wrote: Yes he did.

Or more specifically, he wouldn't ship to NJ. There was theoretically an option to buy in person, but (the one time I seriously considered it) it was by appointment only, in some low-rent industrial park no place that I'd want to go, a 2 hour drive each way. (Iirc it was down south of Trenton.) In theory he'd give discounts for in person orders (hey no shipping charge) but wouldn't commit himself to a quote.

Ahh, yes. He used to be down in West Berlin, NJ. He's in Newark now. I remember a long time ago on another version of this forum someone had a big problem with him. Which, thankfully, kept me from driving all the way down there.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

In the spirit of Randy's target stickie, I thought I'd add a few links to the top post based on additions from others and add a poll. That way, when someone is looking to buy ammo on line, he can look at the poll results and comments and get a sense of where others have had luck.

Vote for as many as you like, and if you change your mind, you can change your vote.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Because I live in the great white north , and most don't ship here, we get together and order a pallet or two of ammo a couple times a year. We got great deals on ammo, powder, and primers although we have to plan ahead months or more.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
randy

Post by randy »

Weetabix wrote:In the spirit of Randy's target stickie, I thought I'd add a few links to the top post based on additions from others and add a poll. That way, when someone is looking to buy ammo on line, he can look at the poll results and comments and get a sense of where others have had luck.

Vote for as many as you like, and if you change your mind, you can change your vote.
And this thread is now a Sticky
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

But somebody besides me needs to vote!
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I don't buy whole ammo particularly often (never on line). But I get components from Graf and Midway and both are pretty good.
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

Widener's Reloading just updated their website. I seems they raised prices as well. They used to be one of the cheapest places to get .30 Carbine and now they are the same price as the local Academy (plus shipping).
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

arctictom wrote:Because I live in the great white north , and most don't ship here, we get together and order a pallet or two of ammo a couple times a year. We got great deals on ammo, powder, and primers although we have to plan ahead months or more.
I could not vote in this poll because "Fuck you for living in Alaska" wasn't an option.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote:
arctictom wrote:Because I live in the great white north , and most don't ship here, we get together and order a pallet or two of ammo a couple times a year. We got great deals on ammo, powder, and primers although we have to plan ahead months or more.
I could not vote in this poll because "Fuck you for living in Alaska" wasn't an option.
I see it right up there. 8-)

Uh oh. Revising the poll wipes the results. Argh, the consequences of being a smart ass.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop