Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
PawPaw

Re: Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

Post by PawPaw »

On closer inspection of the revolver, I find an interesting logo.

That pic was taken with my cell phone, but it gives us enough detail to show a rampant bull in a circle. I'm pretty sure I know who made that logo and I have an email in to them for verification.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Hope that works out for you. His reputation for stellar work is, I suspect, well deserved.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

It followed me home! Now I have four Tomcats to take care of: one tabby, one all black, one old ginger who shows up every so often and now, one in .32ACP. In case of an invasion by inbred Austrian archdukes I'm set.
soupstomcat.jpg
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Steamforger wrote:Hope that works out for you. His reputation for stellar work is, I suspect, well deserved.
It is, based on the few examples I've gotten to eyeball. :ugeek:

Still haven't gotten one to shoot though. :cry:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I forgot I had some photos of this. CZ27. It was my grandmother's carry gun. I don't know where my grandfather got it, but it has WaffenAmt markings on it. I remember shooting it into the back yard on New Year's eve at my grandfather's house. In town. I bet people don't do that any more. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

New acquisition. I took it out for a test drive this weekend and it ran flawlessly. It came with some hideous Pachmeyers that made an already fat grip nigh un-grabable. Some fresh checkered rosewood scales changed the grip into something pretty damned good. I'm currently seriously considering this for a small-ish, hi-cap 9mm for EDC.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I have that exact model of pistol, Steamforger. Technically, it's Dad's but he doesn't shoot it anymore. He also has the super-thick Pachmayrs on his.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
randy

Post by randy »

Went to a hamfest today. Didn't find anything to spend money on, so buddy and I made the rounds of the local MODs and I found this:
G17 21May16 a.jpg
Glock 17, 3rd Gen if I understand the nuances properly.

$469.00 plus tax, including Trijicon night sites and 3 mags, which puts at least a $100.00 under a new one in these parts. Maybe not a smoking deal, but I think a good one.

Here's a crappy picture of the sites. had never seen the diamond shape before, but they seemed to work well. Front site is very distinctive and the green surrounding the tritium element picks up ambient light very well (eta: Found out these are "Speed Sights"
G17 Sites 21May16a.jpg
Took it right to the range and put a box through it with no malfunctions. I'm happy.

Nothing particularly special about it. But I have been contemplating taking my Hi Power off of CCW duty for something with more accessories and parts availability and something I won't be saddened (other than financially) if it went into an evidence locker should I ever have to use it. Is Glock. Is shoot. Can be easily, and relatively cheaply (as in 2 Glocks for 1 BHP at full retail) replaced.

Any excuse, and as my buddy said on the way home "Today was a good day to buy!" [/Worf]

ETA: Just noticed that the cocking serrations at the rear of the slide don't look factory original. Custom?
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rod

Post by Rod »

Sold my reloading setup and used some of the money to invest smartly, the rest I frivolously spent paying bills.
IMG_0397.JPG
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Happy Gaturday.

Springfield XDM 4.5" 9mm. It worked some kind of voodoo on me at the counter.

ETA- After a couple of range outings, some things are very noticeable. Trigger pull is stout and apparently measures around 7.5 lbs. I was hitting left and low pretty consistently. Reading up on this it seems that most people will. Some drift the sights, but I did find one review where the guy changed the backstrap and his issues went away. Mine arrived with the #2 installed and it was pretty easy to get my entire paw around the grip and my trigger naturally went straight to the joint and not on the pad. I changed it out for the #3 and found my trigger finger now preferred something much more akin to a correct placement. Shots after were centered. I did manage to hit a 8" steel plate at an estimated 175 yds (using the Google Earf), but it took most of the mag to do so and was probably more luck than anything I did. All the other shots were definitely in goblin-sized territory though. For the record, I like holding over.

The thread protector will back off and unscrew itself approx. halfway by the time you get through two mags. I'll have to look into scrounging an o ring for it. This seems to fix the problem reliably.

I also read the trigger doesn't really break in over time and the pull is expected to be fairly consistent over the lifetime of the pistol. It's certainly serviceable as is, but I can't help but notice Brownells has a drop in replacement. Hmmmmm.
Last edited by Steamforger on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.