Where muh airmen gone?

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Wrenchbender1

Re: Where muh airmen gone?

Post by Wrenchbender1 »

Jesus! I remember standing in line for chow, and the person in from of me turned and started chatting with me (Full Bird). After a while, he asked me who my CO was, and when I told him it was Maj. Decker, he replied "Oh shit! I'm sorry to hear that." I got chewed out by him once, and about 15 minute in I started looking around his office out of boredom. I saw a picture frame on his desk, and thinking it might be a picture of his wife and kids (Presumably all with flat top haircuts), I leaned forward and was greeted by a picture of Gen. Curtis LeMay. I almost busted up laughing. He got all the superficial stuff down pat, but missed out on LeMay's competent streak. What a knucklehead. :lol:

P.S. He was our MX commander in Qatar (It was '04, the more I think about it.)
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Usually at work, when my cow-orkers "cross into the blue" and start talking about their AF days, my eyes just kind of glaze over. But that right there was some funny shit.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

From what I've heard, LeMay was hard-nosed when it came to performance, but used the carrot as well as the stick. And took good care of the enlisted troops.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

This Decker guy sounds like he missed his calling as a prop comedian and decided to sully the good name of the United States Air Force instead.

May his children all enlist and become engine mechanics instead.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
toad

Post by toad »

I was thinking again about that plan to use civilian contractors to fly unarmed drones for "surveillance." What could possibly go wrong?
After all I'm sure the contracting companies will vet their hires as thoroughly as the DHS does.

I'm going to get a remote control RC and learn how to use the control panel. Go see my local Hispanic immigrant document faker for a DD-214 and such. Then apply for a job as a part timer to give food and potty breaks. I'll show them my wallet photos of Gen. Lemay.

"Sir, Sir, I've spotted Mullah Fu**tard getting into one of the cars in this convoy, 5th one from the front. The whole string is probably loaded with on list targets. Co-ordinates listed. I've spotted MANPAD's, suggest max stand off."
Of course how was I to know that was a Presidential convoy. :twisted: