Guncounter Game: Colonizing Gliese 581e

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
blackeagle603

Re: Guncounter Game: Colonizing Gliese 581e

Post by blackeagle603 »

I dunno... The hosts of the view would provide some reasonably good eating with proper preparation. Though BaBa WahWah might be a bit stringy.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
evan price

Post by evan price »

Pick a season of the UK series "scrapheap challenge". Cherry pick from the.Megalomaniacs, Barley Pickers, Brothers in Arms. Bring their spouses. My spouse. Maybe Tony Beets and his wife Minnie from "gold rush".
Build all the things.
Figure out which native grains or.fruits make the best liqour.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

blackeagle603 wrote:Though BaBa WahWah might be a bit stringy.
If I'm allowed to bring my Honda 3 wheeler, she'll be well tenderized by a few hundred passes of knobby tires over her carcass. :ugeek:

I've been nursing that particular grudge for decades.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
BDK

Post by BDK »

If you're going to bring along a cook, either bring one who was a professional chef - if you can find one without a substance problem, or one that is very good looking.

Otherwise, I'm a bit stuck on picking useful celebrities - I don't know the bios of any well enough to know if they are actually useful.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Gotta be a farmer and/or botanist in the bunch. A month of food to start isn't going to cut it and relying totally on foraging + hunting til crops come in is an iffy proposition. Even if you plant on day 1 there's likely to be a starving season or very lean times before any harvest.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

blackeagle603 wrote:Gotta be a farmer and/or botanist in the bunch. A month of food to start isn't going to cut it and relying totally on foraging + hunting til crops come in is an iffy proposition. Even if you plant on day 1 there's likely to be a starving season or very lean times before any harvest.
Solution: Bring the largist celebrities you can fit on the ship along with said farmer and get used to the taste of long pig.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Kommander wrote: Solution: Bring the largist celebrities you can fit on the ship along with said farmer and get used to the taste of long pig.
If you prepare it right, does it taste like chicken?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
toad

Post by toad »

Have your celebrities checked for STD's before you load them up.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Nine?
Too Easy.

Nathan Fillion
Gina Torres
Alan Tudyk
Morena Baccarin
Adam Baldwin
Jewel Staite
Sean Maher
Summer Glau
Ron Glass

Because
1) I get to hold the camera while we're there.
2) If we lose this time, Earth riots.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote:
Weetabix wrote:I'll play:

1. Norm Abrahms (he can build anything by himself)
2. Nathan Fillion (he makes me laugh)
3. Chris Jacobs (don't know much about him but I bet he can fix machines)
4. My wife (she was on the news once)
5. Jamie Durie (Victory Garden)
6. Chuck Norris (protection)
7. Clint Eastwood (just because)
8. Tom Magliozzi
9. Ray Magliozzi
Tom died just over a year ago.
Clearly, I don't do current events or celebrities. Can't believe I missed Adam Baldwin.

My kids were asked to name celebrities several years ago and all they could come up with at the time was Abraham Lincoln and Babe Ruth.

Since I missed Tom, I'll scratch him and take seconds on Dolph Lundgren - he's a chemical engineer, so I'll have carpentry, general contracting, civil, mechanical and chemical covered along with gardening. Anyone can figure out electrical, and I'm a decent cook.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D