Your Blade Rotation

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Steamforger

Re: Your Blade Rotation

Post by Steamforger »

My everyday carry is a Kershaw Skyline. No serrations was a big selling point. It feels more delicate than it is and I have no doubt it can do pretty kuch anything I need a blade to do except prying. It could stand with a 25% scaling upwards to put it in the "really, quite nice" category.
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

My EDC is a Gerber EVO, however, I just picked up a blem Kershaw Leek that will likely replace it.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Just recently got a Benchmade 710 - "Wicked sharp" doesn't begin to describe it.. Of course, I kinda expected it - one of the reasons I wanted it in the first place is the blade is D2.(the other, it's a quality large bladed folder without the $^%$%) serrations!)
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
toad

Post by toad »

For some reason when I buy an expensive folder something happens to it. On the other hand a cheap folder lacking a lock sticks to me like glue... :cry:
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:Just recently got a Benchmade 710 - "Wicked sharp" doesn't begin to describe it.. Of course, I kinda expected it - one of the reasons I wanted it in the first place is the blade is D2.(the other, it's a quality large bladed folder without the $^%$%) serrations!)
How do you like it?

I have one D2 blade, I mentioned it earlier in the thread. I've always read about D2, and found it to be the case with my own knife, that it takes a good (not great) edge and holds it a long time.

Since we're necro-ing, the Vic Camper is now a Vic Huntsman. I rarely carry a Leek anymore, when I carry a folder it's almost always the Blackout. Leek is just a little too small.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I do like it. I will admit that I have a nasty habit of buying whatever knife is onsale at Woot or Amazon, from the better knifemakers(CKRT, etc). Woot unfortunately, will no longer ship to a shitload of zip codes.

I haven't been carrying it that much, because of the ridculous interpretation of NYC knife laws, and the fact that they'res a disturbinng number of NYPD who take the position of "Run 'em in, charge everything under the sun, and see what sticks). At work I have a Gerber EAB, which is a great work knife, as it uses utility blades, but folds up into something tiny.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

Ah yes, that. The cargo pants I buy these day have a built-in divider inside the right cargo pocket. Unless I'm.going to work I always have a locking folder, but unless I'm out in a sufficiently rural 'safe' area I wear the knife clipped to the divider *inside* the pocket. No clip visible.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

For many years, I've carried a Victorinox Cadet with the Alox scales. It will almost always do whatever I need.

In my backpack is a Leatherman Wave. Like MarkD, I figure if I need more, I'll go to the toolbox. Also in the pack is a Cold Steel Finn Bear that I picked up cheap somewhere. If I didn't already own that, I'd probably have this Mora.

I'm like toad with expensive knives, or at least I fear I would be. The daily carriers tend to be utilitarian.
Greg wrote:Ah yes, that. The cargo pants I buy these day have a built-in divider inside the right cargo pocket. Unless I'm.going to work I always have a locking folder, but unless I'm out in a sufficiently rural 'safe' area I wear the knife clipped to the divider *inside* the pocket. No clip visible.
Do you have a link to the pants? I'm still looking for the perfect combination of pockets and not looking like an operator wannabe.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:For many years, I've carried a Victorinox Cadet with the Alox scales. It will almost always do whatever I need.

In my backpack is a Leatherman Wave. Like MarkD, I figure if I need more, I'll go to the toolbox. Also in the pack is a Cold Steel Finn Bear that I picked up cheap somewhere. If I didn't already own that, I'd probably have this Mora.

I'm like toad with expensive knives, or at least I fear I would be. The daily carriers tend to be utilitarian.
Greg wrote:Ah yes, that. The cargo pants I buy these day have a built-in divider inside the right cargo pocket. Unless I'm.going to work I always have a locking folder, but unless I'm out in a sufficiently rural 'safe' area I wear the knife clipped to the divider *inside* the pocket. No clip visible.
Do you have a link to the pants? I'm still looking for the perfect combination of pockets and not looking like an operator wannabe.
They're Cabela's Trailhiker 2's.

I think they're pretty good, but I do have a few complaints. I just haven't found anything as satisfying, for the same money.

oilcrash

Post by oilcrash »

I have a Kershaw Tanto Groove in my strongside front pocket, a Meyerco 18-XRAY in my strongside back pocket, a Leatherman Wave attached to my backpack, a Gerber 600 Multi-plier, a Craftsman 9478 Electrician's Knife, and a Wenger Swiss army RangerGrip 179 Patagonian Expedition in a maxpedition pocket organizer that travels from bag to back with me.