Who wants to make a logo?

Fivetoes

Re: Who wants to make a logo?

Post by Fivetoes »

This forum has risen from the ashes so many times, maybe a phoenix should be incorporated into any logo.
Of course we could just go with a virtual logo, where it is a figment of one's imagination.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Fivetoes wrote:This forum has risen from the ashes so many times, maybe a phoenix should be incorporated into any logo.
Of course we could just go with a virtual logo, where it is a figment of one's imagination.
Like the CCR quote Fivetoes.

I think a phoenix is a good idea. Like the American eagle with a rifle and a keyboard clutched in it's talons. Or perhaps a binary string...
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Dinochrome wrote:Hey, Gunnuts,

Thanks for the Beavis-and-Butthead pistol target,......
You're welcome. Although it might be more satisfying to tape it to a container of tannerite and use a rifle. 8-)

CombatController wrote:
Fivetoes wrote:This forum has risen from the ashes so many times, maybe a phoenix should be incorporated into any logo.
Like the CCR quote Fivetoes.

I think a phoenix is a good idea. Like the American eagle with a rifle and a keyboard clutched in it's talons. Or perhaps a binary string...
I like this idea, too. :)
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Word.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Not a logo, but the phrase
"Fuck the <Insert Government Agency Here> sideways....with a chainsaw"
Seems to be popping up in various threads. Not exactly family friendly, but perhaps we could substitute "Frak".

Or just go with "sideways....with a chainsaw", the faithful will know the whole story.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

logo5.jpg
I borrowed the phoenix from a Deviant Art user, so I would either need to get permission to use the altered image on a permanent basis, or have someone here draw a phoenix we could use without restriction. The logo can also be larger, but image uploads are limited to 800 pixels wide.
Phoenix.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Maybe a chainsaw instead of a keyboard in his right talons?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Was just playing on the computer with the software I use for the CNC router. These are a couple 3D bit clouds I put together with some text. I also have a .45 facing left that I might be able to substitute for the AR. I'll play with it and see. There's also a PPKS, Colt Navy, a musket, snub nose revolver and a few others to select from. All the colors can be changed and the text could even be old time "Regulators" style, or whatever. There are a bunch to pick from. Normally this is something that I would carve into wood. I just picked a size at random 36"w x 24"h x 2" thick. The eagle/flag portion, for example is sticking up 1.7" in this case. As soon as I get my sawmill finished, I will be able to slab logs up to 30" wide, however thick they need to be, and carve something like this out of a single chunk of wood. I know it may not suit the needs for a logo but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

I have an idea, but alas I don't have the hardware, and will need someone with the following to take some pictures for me:

A rotary long gun stand like the ones seen at gun show tables
1903A3
Garand
M14/M1A
M16A1/A2
M4 with quad rail, all the bells and whistles, suppressor would be great

With an angle of approximately 45-50 degrees below the horizon (or downward facing view but not from directly overhead) the rifles would be ordered as above on the half of the rotary stand on the camera side. I'm thinking it would look best with magazines in, and triggers facing the outside of the stand, but inward might work too. A couple of slightly different vertical positions on the camera to catch certain distinctive features of each rifle would be appreciated. Also, the simpler the backdrop, the better it will turn out, both in color and texture.

I would take said photos, play with the contrast, and use the "find edges" filter in Photoshop to create a simplified white on black line drawing image of the rifles and stand, with wording and font adapted from my earlier images.

Simple, easy to adapt for multiple purposes (logo, shirts, hats) and the evolution of the U.S. infantry rifle is a powerful image.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Anyone? Bueller?