7.62x25 Tokarev chambered pistols

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Netpackrat

Re: 7.62x25 Tokarev chambered pistols

Post by Netpackrat »

Cybrludite wrote:
Jered wrote:You can use 7.62 Mauser in a 7.62 Tok pistol.
But going the other way is not recommended. What I wanted to do with my CZ-52 (Before these barrels vanished from the face of the Earth... :evil: ) was to get one of the 9x19mm barrels & have it rechambered for .38 Super. .38 Sup fits the CZ's magazine better than the 9mm, and the pressures are within the acceptable limits for the gun.
Actually, that's not a half bad idea... I've got one of those barrels that has been sitting in my safe since the one and only time I took it to the range, and found it to be unreliable.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Post by Termite »

Has anyone tried the .22 Reed conversion on their CZ 52?
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Dinochrome

Post by Dinochrome »

Cybrludite wrote:
But going the other way is not recommended. What I wanted to do with my CZ-52 (Before these barrels vanished from the face of the Earth... :evil: ) was to get one of the 9x19mm barrels & have it rechambered for .38 Super. .38 Sup fits the CZ's magazine better than the 9mm, and the pressures are within the acceptable limits for the gun.
Once upon a time, I had two 1896 Mauser Military pistols that were surplused from the Turkish Army. The ammunition specified was 7.63 Mauser and what I got when I ordered it was 7.62 Tokarev. It worked fine; I fired more than a hundred rounds through the old broomhandles without a mishap. I bought the brooms when they were cheap ($150) and traded them both for a Ruger Super Blackhawk and holster rig.

I had always heard that the Bolsheviks liked the 1896 Mauser because they could stick the thin barrel through tiny loopholes in their barricades. Later, the Tokarev TT-33 was made to chamber the same round.

That is the legend, anyway.
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Can't upload pics right now; mindspring is being recalcitrant.

The ammo is in 70 round boxes, is bright brass cased, three 'dot' crimps at the neck, red primer sealer. Headstamp is cyrillic, looks like lowercase 'n' lowercase 'r' (wife says pg, "peh geh") 1966.

Label says (more or less, x replacing furrin characters)

70 KOMAxA
METAKA TT-7.62mm
3A IIxIIITOJb AxTOMAT
IIx 65111
EAPYT HII - 03 MEJI 6443
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

This is not the site I found earlier that told which surplus ammo is safe for pistols, but it has a lot of good info anyway:

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewto ... 134&t=5421

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Yugoslavian; no idea yet if its the overpressure stuff
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cybrludite wrote:
On second thought Cybr, I would perhaps be interested in selling my 9mm CZ-52 barrel. The whole appeal to me was to be able to shoot something in that pistol that was relatively cheap and more widely available than x25, and the Super really isn't the answer to my way of thinking. I bought the barrel new, and installed a roller cam and new rollers from Apex on it, and then put 100 rounds through it before putting it in a ziploc bag in my safe. Make me an offer if you are interested. I'd rather see it doing something useful for somebody, than sitting here.