Rumpshot's Revenge 2012

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
JohnOC

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2012

Post by JohnOC »

I talked to Kommandr recently and he said he couldn't get time off from work.

Update for me.. one of the guests has just come down with a flu and woke up with no voice this morning. Shes probably not coming, but insisting her fiance still come with. On the possible upside, it was her work schedule preventing us leaving friday.. so we might be there friday afternoon/evening.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Little Sister

Post by Little Sister »

UPDATE: Dinochrome and I have arrived in Chino Valley and are ensconced at the Primrose Inn. We are ready to go...... :lol: :lol: :D
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity - Robert Heinlein
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Little Sister wrote:UPDATE: Dinochrome and I have arrived in Chino Valley and are ensconced at the Primrose Inn. We are ready to go...... :lol: :lol: :D
Great. What time will you finish breakfast?
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Little Sister

Post by Little Sister »

Will be done about 8:30. Was planning on meeting at the bookstore. Is that ok?
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Little Sister wrote:Will be done about 8:30. Was planning on meeting at the bookstore. Is that ok?
I'm here now (helping him with chores needed to be done around the house prior to RR since I'm already here), and he's already gone to bed. He figured you'd probably meet at the bookstore, but guessed it'd be around 0900 or thereabouts. He'll check the postings and email after he gets up (around 0530 or so), and probably tell you 0830 is okay. But depending on what else is going on, he might say 0900 (9:00 AM) would be better (we still need to pull the signs and put them in the trailer, post them, etc., etc.). He's a morning person, I'm not (at least until I've had my coffee).

Does he have your number if he needs to/wants to call you?

Outside, it's been getting pretty cold in the mornings (in the mid 20's), so for those of you looking to camp out, PLEASE plan accordingly. When the sun comes up, it warms things up nicely, but the air is still pretty cold. Had a semi-nice sunset tonight. Don't let the cropping fool you, it was nice, but was only a very slim portion of the sky (with the clouds, I thought it was going to be better than it was).
IMG_5259_Sunset_x1000.jpg
Perhaps we'll get better ones in the next few nights! I hope you brought your NOR shirts! :P :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

The Mrs. will be at the store about 9 to open up.

I need to stick close to the house til the "blue" room shows up. Will be getting the signs out and sorting out targets.

By all means stop by the store and visit before you make the run out to the house.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Little Sister

Post by Little Sister »

So glad to make contact; will be at the store at 9:00. We have books to drop off. Have not heard from Flintlock Tom yet. Numbers for him are not working.

Sent contact number via email to Rumpshot. See you today.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Got the message
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

For those heading out this way, just follow the signs:
IMG_5357_RR_Sign_x1000.jpg
After a while, you;ll see the camp through the trees:
IMG_5380_RR_Camp1_x1000.jpg
When you walk up to the camp, you might see something like this:
IMG_5354_RR_Camp2_x1000.jpg
And for those of you looking to get into the .45-70 competition, Flintlock Tom broke out his beautiful new High Wall:
IMG_5330_Tom's_New_45-70_High-Wall_x1000.jpg
We picked up some paint to repaint the metal targets to help identify the ones to be shot only by .22's and handgun rounds. A couple of the large softer targets are starting to look like Swiss Cheese! Flintlock Tom is tent camping at the range/camp, and we told him it's going to get pretty chilly - possibly down in the 20's!! We hope all that food from Pizza Hut this evening helps keep him warm!! :D :D ;)

Dinochrome and Little Sister are here as well. We hope to see some many more of you tomorrow!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

The first day is written in the history books.

Ten people at dinner last nite. Two of which were new folks. :D We even had Birthday Cake for Dinochrome. There were 5 NoR shirts at dinner. Kim would be proud.

At the range we had 12 or 13 shooters and 1 visitor.

New targets are holding up well. 1" steel round at about 60-65 yards is heavily pocked, but not punctured. 1/2" diamond plate at 300 yard has lots of dimples and only a couple of holes in it. The 265 yard steel plate is also heavily dimpled with quite a few holes in it. It has been left in place and someone else is taking advantage of it, which is okay by me.

The .45-70 challenge took place mid-afternoon. There were 4 competitors and the winner was using a borrowed Buffalo Classic and borrowed ammunition. Two Buffalo Classics, a Sharps and a Highwall were the competition guns. JohnOC was the big winner.

The road into the site has seen some maintenance and is not nearly as rough as it has been.

The weather was absolutely perfect. Very light to no breeze all day yesterday.

I'm starting to think we may have to do this again.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona