Carbon Fiber Knives

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Guncrazy

Re: Carbon Fiber Knives

Post by Guncrazy »

Kommander wrote: Last time a giant pair of scissors somehow got into my toiletry bag.
How giant?

According to TSA guidelines, you can bring a pair of scissors onto an airplane with blades up to 4" long, even if the ends are pointy.

Of course, you can't bring a 1"-bladed Leatherman Micra...
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Guncrazy wrote:
Kommander wrote: Last time a giant pair of scissors somehow got into my toiletry bag.
How giant?

According to TSA guidelines, you can bring a pair of scissors onto an airplane with blades up to 4" long, even if the ends are pointy.

Hmm...I don;t have them any more but I have a similar pair and the actual sharpened part of the blades on those are less than 4". Of course the TSA is going to enforce whatever rules they feel like so it does not really matter.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Guncrazy wrote:
How giant?

PRUNING shears probably don't meet the TSA guidelines. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And who came up with the 4" guidelines - no doubt a woman who thinks 4" is more likely a MEASURED 2". Remember, most women are TERRIBLE at determining distance and size - you tell them 4" and they think 2"!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Yet you can carry on a good ol fashioned, steel Craftsman screwdriver in the flavor of your choice as long as the steel part is under 6". Did it fairly recently by accident. I fully expected to lose it, but Thousands Standing Around measured it and handed it right back to me.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

308Mike wrote:
Guncrazy wrote:
How giant?

PRUNING shears probably don't meet the TSA guidelines. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And who came up with the 4" guidelines - no doubt a woman who thinks 4" is more likely a MEASURED 2". Remember, most women are TERRIBLE at determining distance and size - you tell them 4" and they think 2"!!!
That's what she said.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Steamforger wrote:Yet you can carry on a good ol fashioned, steel Craftsman screwdriver in the flavor of your choice as long as the steel part is under 6". Did it fairly recently by accident. I fully expected to lose it, but Thousands Standing Around measured it and handed it right back to me.
...wow...just...wow.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Steamforger wrote:Yet you can carry on a good ol fashioned, steel Craftsman screwdriver in the flavor of your choice as long as the steel part is under 6". Did it fairly recently by accident. I fully expected to lose it, but Thousands Standing Around measured it and handed it right back to me.
That's just made every single bullshit security thing pointless. :roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I carried on a two piece fly rod in a 5 foot long aluminum case with machined end caps. I may not have the length exactly right, but it was short enough to fit into the overhead bins on a 737. Used appropriately, it could have left a mark.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Looks like a trip to the hardware store is in order...
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

HTRN wrote:You know, this makes me wonder about the socalled "combat canes". If you have a note from doctor, and bring one with you, what can they say to you? It's really only a very heavy, very solidly built cane. Hell, I'd consider just buying a length of heavywall aluminum tubing, borrowing a tube bender and TIG, and slap a rubber bumper on it.
How about a recently-broken carbon-fiber hockey stick with a bumper and lockable handle? You can put some ouch behind the lighter ones.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds