Introduce Yourselves

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rod

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Post by Rod »

randy wrote:Randy, AKA the 4th Horseman.

Help desk geek. Ex-USAF Intel and Targeting (Wholesale Destruction at Retail Prices), Amateur Radio op.

I'm a fan of Browning Hi-Powers, M-1 Garands and AR-15's.
Two out of three ain't bad...I really enjoy my Hi Power and Garand. :twisted:
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
MelodyByrne

Post by MelodyByrne »

I am Mel, as in Chris's wife (and unpaid personal assistant). I am a professional wife/mother with more legal experience than someone without a legal degree should have.

I bake, make candy, work leather, work with stained glass, read, and write. I'm currently learning calligraphy as well. I spend way too much time at the kids school and I seem to be an engineer magnet.

Oh, and I make holes in paper and make large appliances explode :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I'm just a dumb-ass airplane mechanic in Anchorage, AK who works on heavy jets (primarily 747s) for a living. When not at the airport doing overtime, or sleeping (some overlap with the preceding), I can usually be found either in front of this computer, or out in the shop working on some project. Current projects include a partially built homebuilt airplane (on hold for now), a tore apart 1959 MGA roadster, various WECSOG projects, and it seems like I am always working on something for my Jeep. I'm married, with no kids, and 2 elderly cats.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Who am I? I often ask myself the same question.

I am Kommander, Operations Director for DeltaRangerNinjaSeal the first and finest counter Mall Ninja company in the world. I am also the worlds premier supplier of assless chaps. Don't get caught stumbling around the nuclear wasteland without a pair of Kommanders superb assless chaps.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Netpackrat wrote:I'm just a dumb-ass airplane mechanic in Anchorage, AK who works on heavy jets (primarily 747s) for a living. When not at the airport doing overtime, or sleeping (some overlap with the preceding), I can usually be found either in front of this computer, or out in the shop working on some project. Current projects include a partially built homebuilt airplane (on hold for now), a tore apart 1959 MGA roadster, various WECSOG projects, and it seems like I am always working on something for my Jeep. I'm married, with no kids, and 2 elderly cats.

Wait, you're married and claim when not doing overtime, or sleeping, you're in front of a computer or out in the shop? Um .... dude? I know it's not my place but .... um ....
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Jeffro

Post by Jeffro »

Hi, I'm Jeffro and I'm an internet and gun junky. I live on the desolate plains of flyover country near Dodge City Kansas. I'm also an overweight dumb truck driver. I used to work for the USPS, but returned to my trucking roots, as it were.

I live on a farm with a dog and a cat(named after Rooster Cogburn), both of whom wish I was at home more often. I have the advantage of my own firing range, and don't take advantage of it often enough. I enjoy just about anything that goes bang, and my collection shows it. EBRs, AKs, surplus, family heirlooms, hunting equipment, a Glock and a couple Kimbers sums it all up. John Moses Browning (pbuh) is a saint, and if there were little plastic statues of him available, one would be on the dash of my automobile.

Glad to see so many familiar "faces" here.
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

Shane
randy

Post by randy »

Jeffro wrote:... John Moses Browning (pbuh) is a saint, and if there were little plastic statues of him available, one would be on the dash of my automobile...
Hmmmmm, Fund raising opportunity?
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

FelixEstrella wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:I'm just a dumb-ass airplane mechanic in Anchorage, AK who works on heavy jets (primarily 747s) for a living. When not at the airport doing overtime, or sleeping (some overlap with the preceding), I can usually be found either in front of this computer, or out in the shop working on some project.
Wait, you're married and claim when not doing overtime, or sleeping, you're in front of a computer or out in the shop? Um .... dude? I know it's not my place but .... um ....
I said usually....
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
BobbyK

Post by BobbyK »

I'm Bobby, full-time owner of a small IT managed services practice in (technically) sunny Central Florida. Married, no kids, 7 house-trained rabbits, and (at last count) 230 koi.

When not making customers cry, I enjoy reading, making things go boom, and explaining why someone who does IT and collects things that go boom also knows more about breeding koi than local veterinarians and fish-farmers. Oh, and making things go boom.
Last edited by BobbyK on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neanderpundit

Post by neanderpundit »

i'm Og. I bite, but I've had my shots.