Valmet Ejection Port Buffer.

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
toad

Valmet Ejection Port Buffer.

Post by toad »

I ran into this gadget over at the Saiga12forum. If you reload for an AK-rifle and want to reduce you brass denting and mangling this buffer does the trick from the report and the photos shown. It is a tad pricey at $45 but it might pay off on brass recovery long term.

http://www.robertrtg.com/valmetbuffer.html
Netpackrat

Re: Valmet Ejection Port Buffer.

Post by Netpackrat »

Bought one of those. It won't fit the TWS rail I have on my Saiga .308. :cry: For what it's worth, the dent left where the case hits the dust cover on its way out doesn't seem to affect reloadability at all.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
toad

Post by toad »

I read that one guy went to the auto parts store and bought some door edge protectors that clip on. He cut it too fit and claims that it is working.
I was looking at that peep sight for the TWS dogleg rail and was wondering how you adjusted it for windage, if at all?
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I tried the car door guard thing on my .308 on the factory dust cover before I bought the TWS. I tried sticking it on there as received, with super glue, and with JB Weld. Nothing seemed to make a difference, each time it got knocked off after only a few rounds.

The rear peep sight on the TWS is not adjustable. You have to make your adjustments at the front using an AK sight tool, just like with any AK. TWS is supposed to be coming out with a version with just a simple leaf protruding from the dog leg section, in the location of the factory rear sight. It will also be non-adjustable, but should provide a lower third co-witness with a red dot sight. So, you'll be able to have co-witness of an unmagnified sight without mounting your optic on the handguard/gas tube.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
toad

Post by toad »

I kind of like the TWS generation 2 system but I kind of wonder about the price on that optional rear peep.,$39.99. Sorry i'm just so damn cheap and old fashioned :cry: Arhhh matey,machine a notch and mount an AR-15 A2 sight......no that would cost a LOT of money. The main thing is that I like to mount optics as far back and as close the center line of the bore as possible which the TWS system lets you do getting the optic back on the AK also makes it easier to do the reach over with your off hand and rack the charging handle esp. if you've put a Galil style knob on the handle.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

There was a guy on WT who posted pictures of his TWS rail that he'd mounted a rear sight that Keltec makes for their pistol caliber carbine, which seemed to work okay. For charging I prefer to reach under the rifle with my off side hand.

toad

Post by toad »

Of course with those .308 rounds, a scope mounted, and even with up to five opponents at civilian distances, I don't think you are going to need to do any speed reloads: Torso, head, torso, head, and etc. at most. :twisted:
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Probably not, especially if the new stamped mags from CSSpecs work as good as they look.

toad

Post by toad »

DROOLLLLL :shock:

I especially like the stock.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Thanks. How many would you like? :lol: