Reliable loads for the Baby Browning?

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Joe ex PNG

Reliable loads for the Baby Browning?

Post by Joe ex PNG »

Yes, I did buy a Baby Browning in the mighty .25 ACP. :lol: And yes, I know that there is bigger and better out there- and I'm not going to buy a Kel-Tec.

Meanwhile, I'm loaded with 50grn FMJ ball. I was wondering if any of the board members could recommend an expanding load that is reliable in this wonderful little gun.
308Mike

Re: Reliable loads for the Baby Browning?

Post by 308Mike »

What, no photo??? ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Joe ex PNG

Post by Joe ex PNG »

No camera...sadly.
Whirlibird

Post by Whirlibird »

There is no reliable expanding load for the .25 Auto.

However the most powerful load for the .25 is the Magsafe loading.

http://www.magsafeonline.com/prices_specs.jsp
Joe ex PNG

Post by Joe ex PNG »

Aahhh- but how does St. Browning's 102 year old mini masterpiece do with the Magsafes?
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

If you ever shoot me with that 25 and I find out about it I'll be really sore at you.

<there someone had to say it!> :lol:
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
clyde621

Post by clyde621 »

I to have a couple of nose guns. The Colt Jr. and Browning clone. Its a PSP in stainless. I use the solids. It is going to be a head nose shot and I don't worry about expansion. Here are the pics.
25s.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.
Theodore Roosevelt
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Nothing wrong with the Baby Browning! I have a Bernadelli knock-off that's maybe 1/2 oz lighter.

Stick with FMJ. Don't bother with expanding bullets. I'm not sure the Mag-safe's will do anything than act like FMJ at .25ACP velocities, so anything that works like FMJ may as well be an FMJ. With the .25ACP, you want to maximize penetration, anyway.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Joe ex PNG

Post by Joe ex PNG »

Looks like I'll be keeping the FMJ's- which is pretty much what I figured.

Nice Colt, btw!
clyde621

Post by clyde621 »

Thanks. She shoots well. The Browning knock off was for my wife. She saw it and "likes small things" She fired it once and gave it to me. Too loud for her. She has asked about getting a supressor. She is very sound sensitive but not recoil. She actually prefers my 870 12 ga to her 1100 20 ga.
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.
Theodore Roosevelt