lever action rifle manufacturers

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
SoupOrMan

Re: lever action rifle manufacturers

Post by SoupOrMan »

I've got one of the Rossi 92s in .357 when they were imported under the Puma name. I think Puma's owner now imports Chiappas instead of Rossis. It's a sweet little rifle, but I need to shoot it more. It feeds most factory brands of .357 very nicely, though you might want to watch out with some brands. The Wal-Mart special Remington 125 JSP left a bruise after running a box of it through the rifle, but Black Hills 158 JHP had less recoil. Given a solid-enough bullet, I could see using it as a hog-removing gun in addition to using it for deer at close ranges.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I own/have owned Rossi, Puma, Winchester and Marlins in .357, .44 mag, .454 casull, .30-30, .45-70 and .450 Marlin.

All are great guns and all have given me lots of pleasure. I find the Marlin actions very beefy and the rifles solid, making them my favorite.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
cageym

Post by cageym »

CombatController wrote:I own/have owned Rossi, Puma, Winchester and Marlins in .357, .44 mag, .454 casull, .30-30, .45-70 and .450 Marlin.

All are great guns and all have given me lots of pleasure. I find the Marlin actions very beefy and the rifles solid, making them my favorite.
I have one, stainless, in .357. Wonder where I got that from. :lol:
RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE. It's voltage divided by current.

There is no such thing as overkill. There is only "Open fire!" and "Reloading!"
-John Ringo "The Hot Gate"