lever action rifle manufacturers

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
integral

lever action rifle manufacturers

Post by integral »

I'm a pretty big fan of lever actions and this weekend I got a chance to check out a particularly nice looking one by Cimarron. I never heard of them before, but overall it was one of the nicest actions I ever got to use.

So now I want to hear more about other manufacturers too, ones that still make them. Henry and Marlin seem to get most of the attention, so I don't want to hear about them or Browning.
Darrell

Re: lever action rifle manufacturers

Post by Darrell »

Chiappa. Legacy Sports used to sell what they called the Puma, and maybe they still do, not sure if they're made by the same people or not. I thought the Pumas came from Taurus, or someone in South America? I've got one of the Legacy Pumas, an M92 (Win 92 clone) in .357, it was cheap, and has been a faultless rifle. Shoots like a laser too.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

I'm also interested in knowledge about this topic. Not to threadjack, but while we're here I'd also like recommendations on lever actions in .45-70, perhaps from those other manufacturers besides Marlin (no particular reason, I just like options.)
Chicks dig fixed bayonets
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

I like my Winchester model '94 with 18" barrel - Trapper Model they call it - in 30/30. It is small and so am I, so we get along good. Installed a flip up peep sight mounted on the tang which increased sight radius dramatically.....
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Jered

Post by Jered »

I scored a Rossi. The action is slick. And it's .357 magnum.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Rossi, that's who I was thinking of. Sorry, brain fart. :roll:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I love my Rossi in .45 Colt, and it has been a flawless performer. Recently, The Boss saw a stainless Rossi at a gun show, and decided that she liked it better than the Marlin. Her's is .357, trapper model, in stainless. Weighs very little, and seems to work great, so far.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Termite

Post by Termite »

I wish somebody would make a short(16.5"-18" barrel) lightweight lever gun in 357 Maximum, that would also reliably feed 357 Mag and 38 Special ammo.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

Uberti makes nice copies of old Winchesters, '60 66 and varients of the 73, they also made the Cimarrons. Navy arms also sells their own branded Uberti's.
morsetaper

Post by morsetaper »

Aegis wrote:I'm also interested in knowledge about this topic. Not to threadjack, but while we're here I'd also like recommendations on lever actions in .45-70, perhaps from those other manufacturers besides Marlin (no particular reason, I just like options.)
Winchester 1886.http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/ ... mid=534175
When I bought my Marlin 1895, there was also a Browning 1886 on the rack. IIRC, it was made by Miroku. Nice gun, but quite a bit pricier than the Guide Gun, so I opted for that.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/BROWNI ... =100188058

Browning also has the BLR-in .450 Marlin-but I've not ever seen one in .45-70.