12Ga Beehive Round??

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
SeekHer

Re: 12Ga Beehive Round??

Post by SeekHer »

HTRN wrote:
SeekHer wrote:Other then having run out of shotshells and you've stockpiled a shit load of rimfire I can not conceive of an application for this device.
I can - it's called "having something to shoot out of a nice shiny new 40mm grenade launcher that doesn't cost 20 bucks each time you pull the trigger".

HTRN
I agree that would be a lovely thing to do but the OP (The Wizard) wanted it for a 12 bore shotgun not a 40mm grenade launcher which most of us c/would never own anyway.
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

CByrneIV wrote:And THAT friends, is a machine gun according to the ATF.
It is linked from a page titled, "SBR's, DD's, and AOW's".

That means, if it was manufactured and registered after May 19, 1986, it's only available to law enforcement and military.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

SeekHer wrote:
HTRN wrote:
SeekHer wrote:Other then having run out of shotshells and you've stockpiled a shit load of rimfire I can not conceive of an application for this device.
I can - it's called "having something to shoot out of a nice shiny new 40mm grenade launcher that doesn't cost 20 bucks each time you pull the trigger".

HTRN
I agree that would be a lovely thing to do but the OP (The Wizard) wanted it for a 12 bore shotgun not a 40mm grenade launcher which most of us c/would never own anyway.
yep i did except i was under the impression that it wouldnt be a machine gun because as i said even though it would be several rounds of fixed .22LR it would be encased in a single 12Ga shell and fired by a single primer strike...

time to derail my own thread....

if someone were to make a gun, say a double barrel shotgun that had a single trigger, and built it to volley fire both barrels every time that the trigger was pulled am i correct in assuming that it would also be a machine gun or destructive device or both?
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

if someone were to make a gun, say a double barrel shotgun that had a single trigger, and built it to volley fire both barrels every time that the trigger was pulled am i correct in assuming that it would also be a machine gun or destructive device or both?
That's about the size of it. I'd personally stick with buckshot.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

That picture of the beehive round is interesting, but I'm surprised they don't just use a giant shotgun cartridge instead.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

SoupOrMan wrote:That picture of the beehive round is interesting, but I'm surprised they don't just use a giant shotgun cartridge instead.
In the old M79 "Blooper" guns they did along with WP, HE, anti personnel and flares.

Who would buy it? Police and military can get the real rounds and it would be illegal for anyone else as Chris pointed out.

Why would they? Ten pellets coming out of a 37 or 40mm tube to begin with and then the aerodynamics--if you'd want to call it that...Do you think, one bullet at ten yards would stick in point first? Wonder what the spread would be like?
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

The Wizard wrote:if someone were to make a gun, say a double barrel shotgun that had a single trigger, and built it to volley fire both barrels every time that the trigger was pulled am i correct in assuming that it would also be a machine gun or destructive device or both?
Yes -- it would be a MACHINE GUN according to the BATFEces FTB.

Read the transcripts of Olafson's trial -- this point was hammered home over and over, and is the reason he's in prison instead of walking around free.

According to the BATFEces,
the law says ANY weapon firing more than one round with a single trigger-pull is a machine gun.
"So, if Grandpa's double-barrel was broken and fired both at once, it's a machine gun?"
the law says ANY weapon firing more than one round with a single trigger-pull is a machine gun.
Even if it's BROKEN??!!
Even though it wasn't designed to multi-fire, even though nobody tampered with it -- even though it's just broken??!!
Continue to repeat, ad-nauseum.

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

Quote:
Even though it wasn't designed to multi-fire, even though nobody tampered with it -- even though it's just broken??!!
Quote:
The frightening part is talking to gunsmiths in training. I understand that accidently removing too much sear and going full-auto is standard fare when learning to tune 1911s. Sure would suck to have a three-letter agent next to you at the range when you discovered that mistake.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

It is this removal of intent as an element of so many crimes nowadays that is the biggest threat to liberty.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Check out the SPIW fiasco, aka Project Salvo.

The entire US military industrial complex tried it's best to create a small calibre COFRAM and couldn't.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song