12Ga Beehive Round??

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
The Wizard

12Ga Beehive Round??

Post by The Wizard »

Does anyone know if anyone if they make a 12ga beehive round like this one? http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/beehive.html
maybe that shoots like 5 instead of 10.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
Cybrludite

Re: 12Ga Beehive Round??

Post by Cybrludite »

The ones a buddy of mine picked up from a gun show a while back were a joke. Most wouldn't go through the paper target, much less the plywood behind it.

ETA, the ones he had were nothing like the one in your link.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Denis

Post by Denis »

No idea.

For $600, I think I would buy a Ruger 10/22 instead, and learn to cycle the trigger really quickly, or just shoot 12-ga buckshot. From a rifled barrel that short, there can hardly be any accuracy gain, and it will be lost by the bullets crowding down the barrel of the shotgun anyway.

I used to have a 7.5x55 to .22 conversion cartridge. It was basically for delivering a "coup de grace" behind an animal's ear. It was also rifled, but accuracy at anything beyond touching distances was abysmal.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

There's no way that's going to work against Chicago's City Hall. I'd stick with regular buckshot or slugs.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

How does that work, anyway? :? It looks like it should be a salt shaker or a pasta press. ;)
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Fill

Post by Fill »

Windy Wilson wrote:How does that work, anyway? :? It looks like it should be a salt shaker or a pasta press. ;)
you load it with several rimfires. The firing pin on the shotgun looses 10 rounds of 22.

Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

There's a discussion here with a drawing some guy had for a three round 12 gauge beehive.
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

CByrneIV wrote:And THAT friends, is a machine gun according to the ATF.

More than one round of fixed ammunition is fired with each actuation of the firing mechanism.
i thought that it wasnt a machine gun because it is only one 40mm or 12ga round fired at one time...? just sending multiple projectiles at once just like standard buckshot does
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

What Chris said.

If you want to inaccurately shoot ten .220 pellets from your shotgun then why not just shoot #F shot (.220) and get 28 pellets to the ounce?

Other then having run out of shotshells and you've stockpiled a shit load of rimfire I can not conceive of an application for this device.

Bulls and teats come to mind!
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

SeekHer wrote:Other then having run out of shotshells and you've stockpiled a shit load of rimfire I can not conceive of an application for this device.
I can - it's called "having something to shoot out of a nice shiny new 40mm grenade launcher that doesn't cost 20 bucks each time you pull the trigger".

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt