Stevens 87 peep sight

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
AggieWalt

Stevens 87 peep sight

Post by AggieWalt »

So I have checked the intarweb for the past couple of days looking for the type of peep sight that was shiped with the higher end version of these rifles but alas no luck. So I turn to ya'll for help, if it can't be found out here it don't exist.
Apathy rules with an iron fist so we must strike back with steel resolve.
Whirlibird

Re: Stevens 87 peep sight

Post by Whirlibird »

Try the http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ ... ER%20SIGHTLyman Universal sight, it also has the 1" and 1 5/16" bases available.

THis maybe?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lyman-Receiver-Sigh ... 286.c0.m14
AggieWalt

Post by AggieWalt »

Thanks WB but the post would be vertical. It's a damn odd mounting system. I'll just have to drill and tap.
Apathy rules with an iron fist so we must strike back with steel resolve.
Whirlibird

Post by Whirlibird »

Hmm, my 87 has horizontal holes from the factory that match up with the holes in the older sight as well as the mounting bases currently made.
Same pattern on my Savage Model 4 and Savage Model 19 NRA rifle.
What series 87 do you have?
Whirlibird

Post by Whirlibird »

AggieWalt wrote:So I have checked the intarweb for the past couple of days looking for the type of peep sight that was shiped with the higher end version of these rifles but alas no luck. So I turn to ya'll for help, if it can't be found out here it don't exist.

Here's something worth looking at:
Savage receiver sight