Who wants to make a logo?

Catbird

Re: Who wants to make a logo?

Post by Catbird »

I guess I'm confused. Are we talking about artwork for the top of the web page, or a logo like one might put on a hat, t-shirt, or business card?
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

CByrneIV wrote: ...simpler design for hats/tshirts/business cards.
That's what I was going for. A good logo needs to be recognizable even when small or at low resolutions. It should work well in black and white as well as color. It should reflect the core idea of your organization without necessarily being comprehensive. A still life picture with a computer, a loading press, and a copy of the constitution would look cool, but it wouldn't be iconic enough to communicate our identity at a glance.

I chose the 1911 because it is a favorite of most on the board as well as being easily recognizable as a gun even to non-gunny types. I imagined it with a fancier font, but I don't have Publisher or some other graphics program installed currently. The gun was traced directly off my computer screen. The lettering was sketched by hand.

The rectangle is proportioned with the golden ratio in order to be pleasing to the eye.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
littleman77

Post by littleman77 »

Some of y'all may recall the page header I did for GT, which didn't get used. Since I graduated, I no longer have access to PShop, but I still have the natives (*.psd V7.0) if someone else wants to manipulate them.

I also used Word to make a (sloppy) variation on the same theme in a more traditional logo format.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Formerly known as Dr. Feelgood
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I like something a little more rainman.

"Definitely 16 rounds, definitively 16 rounds downrange"

"On Sunday I get to drive the carbine, but only in the driveway, only in the driveway"

I like the idea of a logo, it can go on the shirts, which will get produced when I have time, unless someone else wants to.

Although I like Soup's whole British take on Red Dawn with the "Hedgehogs!" slogan...

Hedge pig with an AK?
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Hedgehog w. an AK does sound appealing...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Aglifter wrote:Hedgehog w. an AK does sound appealing...
What about a Honey Badger instead of a hedgehog?
The badgers have been named the most fearless animal[2] in the Guinness Book of World Records.
and
The badger's ferocious reputation reflects its tendency to attack animals larger than itself; it is seldom preyed upon.
and
Honey badgers are intelligent animals, and are one of few species capable of using tools.
and
In a recent study (2009) undertaken by the magazine Scientific American it has been found that pound for pound the honey badger is the world's most fearsome land mammal as a result of its favourable claw to body ratio and aggressive behavioural tendencies.
Ask LawDog what he thinks (Part 1 of 6 - links to all parts are in this post) about Honey Badgers - also called a Ratel:
For those in the audience who are not familiar with African fauna, 'ratel' is an Afrikaans word meaning 'Psychopathic Buzzsaw From Hell'.

Also called a 'honey badger', a ratel is best described as 500 pounds of pure distilled pissed-off crammed into a 25 pound body.

To get a proper perspective, understand that wildebeasts and buffalo have been found dead after a ratel attack, and that lions and hyenas will give an irritated ratel a wide berth.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Mud_Dog

Post by Mud_Dog »

308Mike wrote:
What about a Honey Badger instead of a hedgehog?
Someone has to say it. :mrgreen:
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Hmm, a hedgehog would work well with my previous suggestion of a "Minuteman"..

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

It depends on attitude. For this forum, I think something as innocuous as a hedgehog, backed up w. serious ordinance is fairly appropriate - I realize we have members who have "BTDT", but they don't come off the same that the AR15, etc fellows do.

I support the honey badger, primarily from my own youthful experiences messing w. NA badgers, and LawDog's, very humorous, stories.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Precision

Post by Precision »

How about a minute man badger holding a Kentucky Long rifle with a peaceful look of contentment on his face, looking into a mirror which reflects back the same badger in a minute man uniform, but his demeanor is a bit more intense and he is on rock and roll setting with an M-240 / RPK / PKM.

This shows both sides of our membership and our personality.

Alert and vigilant or intense and active when incensed.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/