Opinions on R Guns Inc.?

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Catbird

Opinions on R Guns Inc.?

Post by Catbird »

I was looking at ads for various AR accessories in the latest Shotgun News. I was looking at Eotech sights in particular. R Guns of Carpentersville, Illinoislists an Eotech model 512 for $360. This is $40-60 less than anyone else I've seen. A Google search of web forums finds a few good prices/lousy service type comments, but nothing very recent.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Darrell

Re: Opinions on R Guns Inc.?

Post by Darrell »

I've never dealt with them myself; perhaps that's because I've heard nothing but bad things about them.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Check out GG&G for some steals on EoTechs. If I didn't have an optic for each rifle that needs one, I would buy one from there while their sale is going on.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

BoTac seems to have some sales too, with coupon codes.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

They're a sponsor of gunboards dot com - might want to look around over there for opinions...
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
evan price

Post by evan price »

BoTach and Rguns are both companies with a rather lousy rep in terms of service and quality. YMMV, however.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!