AR magazines

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Whirlibird

Re: AR magazines

Post by Whirlibird »

tcourtplayer wrote:
HTRN wrote:Chris, thoughts on the two manufacturers of 6.8 mags - PRI and C Products?

There's a fairly large price gap between the two - PRI is twice as expensive as CProducts for 6.8 mags($18 vs $43)

HTRN
It was my understanding that you could use the normal 5.56 mags with 6.8, you just couldn't load them as much (25 rounds vice 30.) Does anyone with more experience know how well they feed from the other mags or if this is just a bunch of bs?
Skip trying to load 6.8 in the .223 mag, the case body diameters are greater and the feed lips aren't shaped exactly for it. Plus the ribs indented into the mag bodies aren't as deep on the 6.8 models to allow them to fit propery. The larger body diameter of the 6.8 also reduces the capacity of the mag to 25 rounds.

The PRI's come with a Magpul follower and are blued.
The CP's are Stainless coated black with black follower.
tkdkerry

Re: AR magazines

Post by tkdkerry »

FWIW, I've tried a couple of C-Products 10-rd AR 7.62x39 mags for my Daewoo. They worked great. When budget allows I'll buy more, and hope they come out with 20-rd mags.