What's your EDC?

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Weetabix

What's your EDC?

Post by Weetabix »

I don't remember seeing one of these, though, maybe we used to do "what's in you pockets". Anyway, what do you carry on your person every day?

Here's my order of precedence of EDC from most important to least:
1. Gun
2. Victorinox Alox Cadet
3. Watch
-----------now I'm ready to watch Netflix
4. Kershaw folder
5. Wallet
-----------can leave home now if I'm not driving
6. Keys
-----------short trip to the store
7. Pen
8. Moleskine notebook - ~3x5, soft cover - Cahier?
-----------ready for the world

There's more in my daypack.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Durham68

Re: What's your EDC?

Post by Durham68 »

Knife, wallet, phone, watch, keys. My laptop bag has a SAC, pens and flashlights.

Tried to post a pic but it’s too big even cropped by half. What’s the limit these days?
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
evan price

Post by evan price »

Kershaw Scallion, victorinox tinker, Fenix l1t flashlight, albuterol inhaler, carmex lip balm, pocket handkerchief, smiths knife sharpener, wallet, phone, pen, 3x5 spiral notebook and then either one depending on level of concealment: Smith and Wesson airweight bodyguard 38 in a desantis nemesis or an naa mini 22 magnum in a leather pocket holster.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Spyderco 4 inch.
Depending on weather/wardrobe: Taurus .38spcl polymer snubbie or Sccy cpx-2 with extra mag.
Timex Indiglo analog watch
Albuterol inhaler
Sure Fire flashlight
iPhone
Keys
wallet
Swiss Army laptop bag with HP laptop
spiral notebook
pens and pencils

In car: Mossy 500 w/20 inch barrel. One box 00 shells, one box slugs.

Go bag in the car has more.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Depends on the season.

Base load:
Wallet
Car key
House keys
Victorinox Executive pocket knife
Space Pen
Cell phone

If not at work:
Rohrbaugh R9S (summer), Glock 43 (winter)

Winter:
Add flashlight in jacket.
BDK

Post by BDK »

SAK Alox Pioneer X
Rohrbaugh 9s, or a J frame - sometimes a Beretta Tomcat.
Rite in Rain pocket notebook in a gfeller passport cover (most useful thing I own)
Pentell graphgear 1000 in .9mm with 2B lead
flip phone
car key/house key/work key (Had the locksmith set everything up, so I only need 2 master keys, plus a car key.)
Money clip
Andrews leather card holder (ostrich leg. Holds up well.)

I have a small Frost River bag, which holds macbook, cables, sunglasses, FN57+reload, and my work journal.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Benchmade, or small Kershaw folder for places that are less “knife friendly”.
Wallet.
Samsung S9 phone.
Keys -house and car keys are together, truck is on its own key ring so I’m not hanging a lot of weight on the ignition (car is a push-button start with a fob)
ThruNite Ti3 - with .04/12/120 lumen modes, this is probably the most useful piece of kit I’ve recently acquired. Having more light from a single AAA battery than I got out of my dual-CR123A Surefire from the Iraq deployment a decade ago, it’s really, really handy.

Being currently stationed in CA, my AZ permit isn’t accepted. I am checking with one of the local CCW trainers about whether he’s had any success with military using a CA ID (not a driver’s license, since I’m not a ‘resident’, I just reside here...). The whole ‘show good cause’ thing is apparently the biggest hurdle, but Solano County is supposed to be a better than average place for getting a CA permit.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

g-man wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:06 pmKeys -house and car keys are together, truck is on its own key ring so I’m not hanging a lot of weight on the ignition (car is a push-button start with a fob)
I do that, too. Each car has its key and a house key. My regular keys are house, daily driver, office, and storage lock key (so the kids won't lose ALL of them).
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D