Scope for a match grade .22LR

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Rich Jordan

Scope for a match grade .22LR

Post by Rich Jordan »

Back when DCM/CMP was selling them pretty cheap, I picked up a Winchester 52D and an H&R M12. These are single shot very heavy barrel models, and with some small luck I'm going to put them back in service. I've got Redfield sights on them now but I bought Ken Viani scope mounts for both of them. I had used a cheap 24x Tasco on the H&R but it went the way of most cheap scopes and fogged up.

So for 50-150 yard usage, indoor or outdoor, whats a good or proper scope for a match grade .22 rifle like these? It would be nice if it focussed at 25 yards for sighting in but as long as it is clear at least 50 yards, I can work with it.

Thanks
Weetabix

Re: Scope for a match grade .22LR

Post by Weetabix »

I like my Simmons 22 Mag. It's a 3-9 and I get the recommendation here somewhere.

I also like my Weaver Classic 2.5-7 x 28.

Don't know if they're appropriate.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Leupold 6.5-20x40mm EFR.

End of discussion.

Its basically all you see at rimfire silhouette matches.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

I've got a Mueller APV on my Savage MK II (heavy barrel). I think it ran about 60 bucks, and it's variable from 4.5-14x. I use it to plink at clay birds out to 150 yds with boring regularity.