The Gun Safe thread

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Steamforger

Re: The Gun Safe thread

Post by Steamforger » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm looking into either a long term deployment to the sandbox or an overseas gig in an /extremely/ remote location. That and the current shutdown have....well....shutdown any plans for a new safe in the foreseeable future.

Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: The Gun Safe thread

Post by Combat Controller » Sun May 13, 2018 1:54 pm

I have always had safes but I just relocated to Orlando and am in a condo on the 15th floor downtown now. We will buy a house next year sometime but until then I brought only essentials. My wife laughs that it was around 19 guns but it was hard to choose!

All that said I went and bought a stackon to store them and my thought is this, I have a doorman, every single door requires a keyfob, the elevator requires a key fob, there are cameras everywhere, and people walking around at all hours. It is a pretty unattractive target and unless you're spiderman only one way in. I feel they are secure enough until we get a house and casual guests won't get into anything. Kind of a layered defense here.

Thanks everyone for the good thread.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.