Pocket-size Night Vision gear

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
randy

Re: Pocket-size Night Vision gear

Post by randy »

Jered wrote:When did the Borg assimilate CC?
Actually, I think the questions is when did CC assimilate the Borg?

Borg vs the Fookin' Irish Mob? As if!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Yeah, but when I wear my night vision gear to work, everybody freaks out.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I believe that the best bang for your buck in nv, is probably a pair of pvs-14. Less than that, and you're wasting you're time and money. More than that, and you're talking serious coin to do significantly better.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

I have a line on some very well maintained NVG:
PVS-7 Gen 3 NVG. Flawless Omni 4 tube, low hours. Comes with manual, skull crusher, case.
Guy is a respected and reputable local seller and is asking $1200. I don't really need NVG, but this seems like a very good deal.
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

It's a microbolometer.

So, it's Thermal, not Night Vision (I-squared)

Resolution is pretty crappy. IMHO it's a toy, not a serious piece of equipment.