Car carry/truck gun/EDC

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Car carry/truck gun/EDC

Post by Combat Controller »

So a favorite subject; carry in the car. I have slightly updated but it's not all that different than the last one except the upgrade of the rifle and the addition of a plate carrier.

Looks like in the AR I will have 6 mags, that ought to solve it. Not shown my excellent medical kit Doc built for me (too lazy and its cold out) and the 12 gauge and .45 I also keep in the car. I had it in the shop and took everything out and only put some back in.

There is a stainless 4" .357 in the bag along with 50 rounds of ammo and the usual equipment plus a chemical stove.

What is your truck gun(s) these days? Anything else?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Re: Car carry/truck gun/EDC

Post by Netpackrat »

"Dude's got an AY ARR!" just doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Netpackrat wrote:"Dude's got an AY ARR!" just doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
True....

But the proliferation of media bad guys both real and imagined preclude it for that duty....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

I recommend increasing the flashlight.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Yogimus wrote:I recommend increasing the flashlight.
I've got two honkers and an redlight with it. That's just the work light.
evan price

Post by evan price »

Whatever daily CCW piece with spare mags (J-frame 357 or a Keltec PF9), plus a sawed-off (to legal length) H&R Topper single shot 12-gauge with a couple speed-strips of buck and slugs and a bag of birdshot shells. May not be fast or tacticool but it's light and cheap and makes big holes in things, one at a time.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

The usual 45-70 1895 guide gun , and a 44 mag in a simply rugged holster.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

CombatController wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:"Dude's got an AY ARR!" just doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
True....

But the proliferation of media bad guys both real and imagined preclude it for that duty....
We've had this discussion in the past, but I don't think using an AR instead of an AK is going to buy you anything. Given that every mass shooting seems to be initially reported to have been perpetrated with an AR-15, no matter what it eventually turns out to have been.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

What is that dandy aiming point in the middle of your vest? Lose it.

Turn the knife upside-down. Tape it to the suspenders.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote:
CombatController wrote:
True....

We've had this discussion in the past, but I don't think using an AR instead of an AK is going to buy you anything. Given that every mass shooting seems to be initially reported to have been perpetrated with an AR-15, no matter what it eventually turns out to have been.
I ran this theory past one of my local LE contacts (senior officer, several special duties, not your average patrol officer). He thought about it a second and then stated that he'd probably at least take the chance of calling on you to drop it once he had you covered in case it was another cop, but wouldn't hesitate with if you were holding an AK and looked like a threat.

Anecdote is not evidence, but I thought a useful data point from outside our little group here. He had not considered the question before I asked it, so there was benefit from asking it.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".