Discreet rifle bag

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Aglifter

Discreet rifle bag

Post by Aglifter »

As an FYI, a manduka yoga may bag for an extra tall mat, will hold a 16" barreled AR w optic, and a collapsible stock, if you put the stock to its smallest setting.

And still leave another pouch for mags, etc.

I haven't gotten one, yet, specifically for that, and I will need to block the "vent holes", but it's rather discreet- I think about as queries as you can get.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Cybrludite

Re: Discreet rifle bag

Post by Cybrludite »

I've got a second-hand bass guitar case that I've been meaning to gut & replace the interior with egg-crate foam for discrete long-arm carry. I've also got a rifle case that I've plastered with various band stickers so that at first glance it looks like an instrument case of some sort. The yoga bag I think will be even more discrete.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Precision

Post by Precision »

I found a trombone or something case at Goodwill. It will easily carry 2 scoped rifles once I get proper padding.

Very discreet and it has wheels on one end.

Super awesome. The wife saw it and suggested its new use.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Yeah, I was going to suggest a trombone soft case (gig bag) or guitar case.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Erik

Post by Erik »

Just don't use a fishing rod bag. It seems to scream "gun" to everyone that sees it. I've raised more suspicions when I carried that (I was even asked straight out what I had in it on a bus once, it caused that much alarm) then when I've had an actual rifle bag with me.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
Denis

Post by Denis »

I've probably said this before, but if you have to fly with a hard-sided rifle case, put a few guitar / muso stickers on it - the baggage handlers are much less likely to stomp on it for fun than if they think it's a firearm.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Pelican case with "Solar/Caterpillar Turbines" stickers on it. Some "Halliburton" stickers wouldn't hurt either.

This works well along the GoM.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
evan price

Post by evan price »

Kel-Tec Sub-2000 folded up fits into a standard gym bag; wrap it with a few towels, put your spare mags inside rolled-up pairs of socks, and you can walk nearly anywhere with a scoped long gun without suspicion.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

evan price wrote:Kel-Tec Sub-2000 folded up fits into a standard gym bag; wrap it with a few towels, put your spare mags inside rolled-up pairs of socks, and you can walk nearly anywhere with a scoped long gun without suspicion.
I've been hoping to find a baseball bag big enough to hold an M1 carbine without disassembly, but I think there's no such thing.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Put a paratrooper folding stock on that M-1, and it'll fit a baseball bag with ease.

And you get Band Of Brothers style points.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"