Shooting with a Tomahawk flashlight

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Aglifter

Shooting with a Tomahawk flashlight

Post by Aglifter »

The same company makes a liberator model, which straps to your hand - and is quite simple to shoot with.

The tomahawk has a ring which goes over the weak hand index finger - it works quite well.

I have Dawson FO sights in my XDm, and it provided enough light to be able to pick up the red optic, while being easy to shoot.

You get some benefit from the weak hand, but you are, essentially shooting strong hand only.

I also tried using my G20 - I might try this again setting up my brother's go pro - I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the G20.

With full power loads, it requires good technique - mine has become somewhat sloppy from shooting light-recoiling guns. It is not possible to retain good recoil control when using a flashlight, except for, perhaps, the liberator.

I need to come up with time to run about 1000 heavy rounds through the G20, but the XDm in 9 is amazingly softer, and easy to control

I will run some +p+ loads through it to be more fair, but unless I can get the bullets to fragment, or I'm dealing with animals, I don't know if there is a point to shooting the heavier loads, and using over-driven bullets.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto