Affordably priced scopes that are made in America

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
D5CAV

Re: Affordably priced scopes that are made in America

Post by D5CAV »

SeekHer wrote:I had five of their scopes 3 fixed (MST100, ST6 & ST10) and 2 variable (SN3TPAL 5-25x58mm & SN3 3.2-17x44mm) and they are superb...You can drive tent stakes with them they are that rugged--kidding--but they are very tough scopes, excellent clarity, zero edge distortion at magnification, gather light almost like NV ones, excellent adjustments and positive return to zero, accurate parallax adjustment…
SeekHer,

Thanks for the report! I've been considering a SN3 but with a lower magnification range, like 1.5-10x44mm. It looks like I will have to bite the bullet and buy one.

I don't own a Nightforce scope. I thought they seemed a little more rugged than the Zeiss, but IMO the optical clarity was a little less than the Zeiss and Swarovski. I figured the Zeiss was rugged enough (so far), so I stuck with Zeiss. I have a Zeiss VMV on my .338 Lapua (see other thread). I don't shoot that puppy enough to really give an informed opinion on scope ruggedness.

Schmidt&Bender are also excellent scopes. I don't own one of those because I couldn't tell the difference between an S&B and a Zeiss, and the Zeiss was cheaper.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe